oh internet, you are truly the greatest teacher of all...

so... I don't want to oversell what is really a minor thing... but I learned a handy trick today. 

the problem to solve: a better way to center your neck in your jig for cutting the truss channel exact center?

What I was doing is simply looking at it really close and trying to line up the router bit with lines that are marking the truss channel-to-be. 

I did a search and the first result is a suggestion to use a drill bit to start both edges of the channel.  Then you can drop your router bit in the hole on one side... clamp... move it to other side and drop in the hole... clamp... re-check initial side. 

Very simple, but illuminating (to me anyway). 

If you have a simple tip that you have found revelatory... I'd love to hear about it!

6 hours ago, mistermikev said:

so... I don't want to oversell what is really a minor thing... but I learned a handy trick today. 

the problem to solve: a better way to center your neck in your jig for cutting the truss channel exact center?

What I was doing is simply looking at it really close and trying to line up the router bit with lines that are marking the truss channel-to-be. 

I did a search and the first result is a suggestion to use a drill bit to start both edges of the channel.  Then you can drop your router bit in the hole on one side... clamp... move it to other side and drop in the hole... clamp... re-check initial side. 

Very simple, but illuminating (to me anyway). 

If you have a simple tip that you have found revelatory... I'd love to hear about it!

Yes. No news to the vast majority of people on here, but I’ve found a template cutter makes things about ten times easier 😂

• Like 1