Flat fingerboards.

I’m really curious about the idea of a flat fretboard and I am tempted to give it a try. I’ve been interested in this ever since I found out that Shawn Lanes guitar had zero radius, I believe partly to facilitate an ultra low action that was suited to speedy moments and to help with his arthritis. Any thoughts? I’ve played a classical guitar with no radius but never an electric!  

Edited by ShatnersBassoon

my current build is no radius.  I love playing on classical guitars, but then I have loved playing on 7.5" radius too... just pushes one in a different direction.  I like my action as low as possible... to where there is no buzz if played soft... but string/fret buzz if played hard.  Like you I am hopeful that no radius will play nice... but in this case the whole reason for going that route is because of slide guitar.  I find it much easier to play slide if I only have to worry about dampening strings I'm not using... and not slide position.

• Like 1

It’s a difficult one because my playing style is mainly fingerpicking now and my ‘lead’ days were a long time ago. However would like to revisit those days on a guitar that felt right for fingerboard acrobatics 😁. That’s an interesting point about slide! I never was great at it but then I didn’t practice enough. Anyway most intrigued. 

• Like 1