sweetwater - 9 sets ernie ball slinky for 19.99...

just passing it on - forgive me if not in the right forum...
fyi - sweetwater has a deal on strings - 3 sets ernie ball slinky for 9.99 but also a buy 2 get one free... so I got 9 sets for $19.99 shipped (2.22/set).

it is a tricky little 'option' at the bottom of the screen where you can select buy 2 get 1 free as you add to the cart.  even after hitting it I didn't see 3-sets-of-3 in my cart so I contacted them... sales rep said it was legit and ensured they shipped me 9 sets.

it's good til oct 2nd I believe so... heads up - just thought someone would appreciate.

3 hours ago, ChunkyMunky said:

Please tell me this isn't just the US?! This tea-drinking limey Brit is excited by this. :)

Thank you... thank you for restoring my faith in projectguitar humanity with a reply... I was about to give up.

also, like your sense of humor.  Honestly I don't know... can you order from sweetwater in the uk? (you said limey brit right as opposed to limey australian - hehe - I believe both would eat limes to avoid scurvy so... just being sure)

did a short google search... thomann.de  is supposed to be their german equiv?

2 hours ago, mistermikev said:

limey australian

Never heard of that one? Flamin' Oorstrayan maybe...

12 hours ago, mistermikev said:

fyi - sweetwater has a deal on strings

Interesting. I just tried it for the hell of it, I can see the 'Buy 2 for 1' option and the 3-packs are already on special for $9.99. But adding 3 to my cart just adds 3x 9.99 = $29.97. Maybe they've tightened up the minor bug in their pricing? In any case, I would think that this only has value for you lucky US residents. Sweetwater then wanted to charge me over $60 shipping to Australia when I progressed further through the checkout. I presume the international shipping would also apply to a Limey Brit.

8 hours ago, curtisa said:

Never heard of that one? Flamin' Oorstrayan maybe...

Interesting. I just tried it for the hell of it, I can see the 'Buy 2 for 1' option and the 3-packs are already on special for $9.99. But adding 3 to my cart just adds 3x 9.99 = $29.97. Maybe they've tightened up the minor bug in their pricing? In any case, I would think that this only has value for you lucky US residents. Sweetwater then wanted to charge me over $60 shipping to Australia when I progressed further through the checkout. I presume the international shipping would also apply to a Limey Brit.

" In time, the term lost its naval connotation and was used to refer to British people in general, and in the 1880s, British immigrants in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. " it's on wikipedia therefore it is gospel!  haha!

I had the same issue.  I selected the option, added two to my cart, and only two showed.  I shot them an email and they ensured that 9 sets shipped. 

jeez... $60 for shipping???  does the pope bless the shipping box or something?  sorry to get your hopes up guys...