Jump to content

Entry for November 2019's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

ADFinlayson

Hi - Starting building #6

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

Put a short demo video together. I actually filmed myself noodling to a couple of random youtube backing tracks for the best part of an hour, but I'm so shit that only 3 mins were actually any good (debatable I know) 😂

Enjoy..

 

damn... if I can get past you putting your crotch in my face I'll try to watch this thing a lil later!  bam!  crotch to the face!  guitar looks beautiful tho... really nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watching now... guitar looks great.  sounds good.  has some nice clean sounds out of that bridge.  must be underwound a bit? 

sounds nice with a bit of gain.  some nice noodling. 

inlay looks fantastic - great job all around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mistermikev said:

watching now... guitar looks great.  sounds good.  has some nice clean sounds out of that bridge.  must be underwound a bit? 

sounds nice with a bit of gain.  some nice noodling. 

inlay looks fantastic - great job all around.

Thanks, no the bridge pickup is pretty hot, its probably just a combo of vol rolled back slightly and a crap amp - just running through my little mustang GT amp which I'm regretting buying. It's got great features, built in looper etc, but it sounds fairly abysmal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ADFinlayson said:

Thanks, no the bridge pickup is pretty hot, its probably just a combo of vol rolled back slightly and a crap amp - just running through my little mustang GT amp which I'm regretting buying. It's got great features, built in looper etc, but it sounds fairly abysmal. 

right on.  that pickup cleans up nicely.  were you recording with a mic or does the mustang go out usb or something?  sounded like an 'in the room' sound.  I have a buddy who plays out w a fairly professional band that swears by the katana... he gets decent sounds out of it.  anywho, nice guitar!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mistermikev said:

right on.  that pickup cleans up nicely.  were you recording with a mic or does the mustang go out usb or something?  sounded like an 'in the room' sound.  I have a buddy who plays out w a fairly professional band that swears by the katana... he gets decent sounds out of it.  anywho, nice guitar!

 

yep that will be the treble bleed in the volume pot, they're great for cleaning up a distorted sound if you just roll back a couple on the volume. No I was literally just using the built in condenser mic for my voice recorder. I might take my demo's to the studio in future and mic up my good amps, I expect it will sound a lot better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks gents :D 🍻

18 hours ago, ZekeB said:

Congrats!  So would this be your favorite build at the moment?

Yep this is my go to guitar... for now :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, ShatnersBassoon said:

Congratulations! Beautiful guitar and I dig the inlay! I got some ziricote myself recently.

thanks bud, much appreciated. It's a lovely looking wood but so hard on tools, hand cutting fret slots in it is not fun!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...