Project - RAD Unfinished Business

Man I have been busy.  My kid's High School Lacrosse season is over but we still have Travel Lacrosse this summer so I am still busy.

I listen to a lot of prog.

Arch/Matheos Winter Ethereal. I can't stop listening to this album. I was never a Jon Arch fan. I am a huge Ray Alder fan. Still I liked Awaken the Guardian and remember playing it all the time. This is Jon Arch's greatest work. It helps that 3-4 of the songs were supposed to be Fates Warning songs.

Ok next post back to what I have been up to.

Back to this stupid Dragon Burst. Sanded a the old green back a bit. Mixed up some new green shot that. Then grabbed some black I had left over from a LP I did. Shot the green. Then carefully blacked the edges. It helped cover up all the funky joins of the random woods.

IMG_20190518_170457.jpgIMG_20190518_170459.jpgIMG_20190518_170504.jpg

I sanded and buffed the bodies today but the lacquer is still kinda soft and I can't get the fine scratches out. I am going to give them another two weeks and see.

This is the decal paper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VFHV1F

Just use Inkscape https://inkscape.org to make up your logos. Print. Apply. I put a coat of shellac first to protect the toner from the lacquer.

2 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Sweet. I love the dragon burst.

It might have a little bullfrog in it too....

SR

Prolly more Bull Frog than dragon at this point. It has the same 5' charm to it. if you get closer than 5' you can see its warts.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RestorationAD said:

Man I have been busy.  My kid's High School Lacrosse season is over but we still have Travel Lacrosse this summer so I am still busy.

I listen to a lot of prog.

Arch/Matheos Winter Ethereal. I can't stop listening to this album. I was never a Jon Arch fan. I am a huge Ray Alder fan. Still I liked Awaken the Guardian and remember playing it all the time. This is Jon Arch's greatest work. It helps that 3-4 of the songs were supposed to be Fates Warning songs.

Ok next post back to what I have been up to.

never heard of this band... not a huge metal guy these days but it very much reminds me vocals-wise of dream theatre.  very good voice.  will have to check some more out.  thanks for exposing me.

I would never, ever, paint my guitar yellow and green! But that looks just fantastic! Especially in the lower light images where the "small guitar" just pops out! Am I using too many exclamation marks?

And... dare I even think about it? Should I revisit my fondness of yellow I used to have in my childhood?

2 hours ago, Prostheta said:

....gold is yellow....

Thought I'd put that out there for you Brett.

8 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

yellow hardware (hehe) would really set that thing off.  also, love this finish and "GO PACK GO".

Stuff it both of you.

Go Pack.

• Haha 2