Project - RAD Unfinished Business

Starting up a new thread for random guitar building silliness. I have two goals this year. Finish a bunch of old projects and resurrect guitars that I should have burned in a barrel. If at some point I can't resurrect them I am going to burn the parts in a barrel so I stop trying to resurrect them.

I also have to build a bunch of pickups so I will chronicle that as well. 

I have started building tube amps and pedals so I may add some of that in as well. 

I am still really busy with real work and life (kid is in high school) so  this might take a while. 

First up. Rebuilding my old pickup horse.  ESP F-50

My friends daughter started playing guitar a few years ago. She is tiny (4' 10") and most of my guitars are too big for her. I have this ESP that is tiny 1 5/8" at the nut with a short 24.75 scale. She liked playing it so much I am going to fix it and give it to her. 

Not much to say... other than at least it is solid wood.

IMG_20181220_101323.jpg

IMG_20181220_102115.jpg

IMG_20181220_102111.jpg

6 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

I like the look of this :)

Tx... it is one of those things. The neck was nice enough to use and I didn't feel like building a new guitar. I have an F body design in CAD but it is way more modern than this horsey.  So all scraps all the time.

15 hours ago, RestorationAD said:

All Voodoo all the time...

Voodoo and mojo are the most important elements of guitars.

1 hour ago, RestorationAD said:

Mad now... I didn't mix the epoxy right on the headstock plate and it is not curing. 

I went back to titebond for every type of wood. No issues anymore.

SR

Buffed out my 1990 Ibanez 570FM (Japan Only) body (picture is before buffing). The guitar was a mess. My brother brought it home from Okinawa for me and the salt water air did horrible things to it. I am trying to revive it as best I can with all the original parts. The screws are all a mess. I soaked them in Vinegar/Salt to break up the rust (also removes the cosmic black) but some can not be saved. The pots were corroded and seized up. The input jack was toast as well.

Anyway I repotted the V1/V2 pickups today and will probably clean up the neck tomorrow. I will post more on it as I get things done.

IMG_20181221_145632.jpg