Build #2 - The Osprey

ZekeB

This is kind of an out there idea.  What do you guys think of having a multi spieces control cover?  I for sure don't want it the same.   It's either that or just wenge.  Wenge would match but would the multi piece still be in the same realm of the design?  You'll see the laminated neck as well.

I may just make both.  If it doesnt work on this one I know itll work on a white version later.

20190814_224805.jpg

There's an unspoken rule of thumb not to use more than three species in one guitar. Contrasting veneers used for outlining/separating  adjacent pieces don't count to that number, nor does the fretboard.

Rules can and have to be doubted and contradicted to enable creativity and inventions.

That said, to me that very example looks like a poorly organized samples of a wood vendor. Definitely not matching with the elegance you've built into Osprey. But that's just my opinion.

Update.  Really soft carve.  I did bring it in all the way to the side of the pickups but I want to keep the carve simple and rounded.  I'll finish it when I get the binding in.  I'll do the fine sanding phase after the filler & before the primer.  Start hanging him next to his brother.

20190818_233028.jpg

20190818_232425.jpg

20190818_234441.jpg

• Like 2