The vote for 2018's Guitar Of The Year is now open - vote here!
Entry for January 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open - enter here!

ZekeB

Build #2 - The Osprey

Learned a lot from my first build.  Feel like that's an understatement.  Altered my workflow plan based and I've started to procure some parts for my next build.  This guy is going to be a laminate neck through.  Whats going to be unique other than the body design is the pick guard.  going to make it out of Macassar Ebony, and Zebrawood and then put an inlay in there.    The body will have a matte black symmetrically rounded over top.  I want the binding & purfling, pickguard, and fretboard to be really accented.  Not sure on a fretboard wood yet.  I'm thinking something with some good looking figure.  Any ideas? 

image.thumb.png.d1cea4b4275e00403e414313ac6d46e8.png

Osprey.png

• Like 1

I like that design :)

I'm probably not the best person to put a view on fretboard colour.  Is this for selling or keeping?  If I was selling, I would stick with how you have it above.  If I was keeping, I would put a much lighter board on.

See what I mean - I'm probably not the best person to put a view on fretboard colour!

looks really cool.  I like the fretboard as is but it needs something imho... perhaps carry the binding around the fretboard and headstock? 

Its for me at the moment.  I have a few inquiries though so who knows.  I agree with you mike and andy.  I think a fretboard inlay is needed.  Markers or something.