laugh with me...

mistermikev

so... haven't been feeling well lately and left work early today but couldn't sleep so decided to work on my design for a baritone... some complications in life lately so really needed a laugh today... anywho, was thinking I wanted to do some sort of variation on the logo to nod to the orig while still being able to show in a forum and was trying to come up with something that would tie into the guitar... and what I came up with is "Gipsum"... like "jip some" - a ripoff.  Made me laugh pretty hard.  I build pedals and came up with "I been had" (ibanez) and have used that on pedals... will have to build an Ibenhad guitar someday.  Strat-o-various(parts) is what I put on my recent partscaster... kind of got a thing going here.  Anywho, was hoping someone else might laugh too.  If you've got a good one... could use another laugh today!

Gipsum.thumb.jpg.a98c6bdf5cbb5eb5e8c6621ab3c3d7e1.jpg

• Haha 1

admittedly - saw it somewhere so can't take much credit on the variation.  want to do a baritone and would like it to do classic and metal afa looks/function so figured a les paul(humbuckers) variant would be best. 

currently working on my strat templates but i figure the more design you do the better you get so... just dreaming.

1 hour ago, ScottR said:

I've got it in my head to do a strat configuration, only using P-90s for the neck and bridge with a strat middle pick-up. I'm really curious to hear what the second and fourth positions on the switch sound like.

SR

when I play my strat... pretty much use those positions 90% of the time.  my whole point of my strat is to get more 2/4 via 4 pickups.  It has been my experience that putting in a humbucker - even one with similar DCR/specs - just doesn't capture the strat magic and I suspect it's the distance between those singles + rev phase NOT cancelling some freq.  I guess that would reinforce said freq.  Whatever it is... it's good!

afa p90... hard to go wrong there.  p90s just sound great.  I imagine you'd prob have to get a real powerful middle pickup to keep the p90 from overpowering the strat single, then again a lower powered one would add a lot of sparkle. 

This is always what gets me going. I've got a set of pickups and then the "sound" of them or maybe the typical types of music played on them gets my wheels turning as to the best vehicle to house them.

Right now, I've got a custom wound set of P90s and my super authentic Trisonics. My plan was a LP Jr double cut for the P90s but then I flipped out and switched to the metal tele thing. Now Im thinking an SG something or even LP for the P90s, or something super custom for the Trisonics. I really just want to hear both and play both.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, komodo said:

This is always what gets me going. I've got a set of pickups and then the "sound" of them or maybe the typical types of music played on them gets my wheels turning as to the best vehicle to house them.

Right now, I've got a custom wound set of P90s and my super authentic Trisonics. My plan was a LP Jr double cut for the P90s but then I flipped out and switched to the metal tele thing. Now Im thinking an SG something or even LP for the P90s, or something super custom for the Trisonics. I really just want to hear both and play both.

Right?

So many new combinations of wood to try, and new sounds to hear.

SR

11 hours ago, komodo said:

hehe... it's really a never-ending thing.  you build that guitar and along the way start wondering "I wonder what it would have sounded like with X" and off to the races again!

17 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Right?

So many new combinations of wood to try, and new sounds to hear.

SR

yes, this!