Glad to be here.

Also, my intent is to gain additional information to build a solid body electric 4 string guitar tuned to D3-G3-B3-E4 from low to high. Sound wise I hope to result in tone similar to some of John Mayers guitar sounds.

(Sure wish I could play like he does!)

No in-progress pictures that I can find easily but here’s one of the finished pictures. LOL, be gentle it was my first. Plays like a dream and intonation and tone very nice IMHO. I gave it to my daughter so I can’t provide an audio sample unless I did one 3 years ago when I gifted it to her.

Thanks 

7FD511EC-AC72-499E-8EF9-76D650DDC97C.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:08 AM, ADFinlayson said:

Welcome, Im a fairly new member myself, only on my 6th build currently. As above, when you start a new project, be sure to post your progress - The method is as interesting to see as the final result. Good luck with your 4-string :D

Thanks.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:11 PM, mistermikev said:

as cigar box guitars go... that's about as 'classy' as i have seen.  very nice.  welcome.

Thanks, that is so very nice of you to say. Not sure about classy (lol) but I can say that the sound and intonation was spot on. Combination of taking it real slow and a little bit of luck, I think.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, jgordonXXX said:

No in-progress pictures that I can find easily but here’s one of the finished pictures. LOL, be gentle it was my first. Plays like a dream and intonation and tone very nice IMHO. I gave it to my daughter so I can’t provide an audio sample unless I did one 3 years ago when I gifted it to her.

Thanks 

7FD511EC-AC72-499E-8EF9-76D650DDC97C.jpeg

Welcome again!  :)

I have a soft spot for CBG's and this looks a good one.  I actually think getting things like intonation, etc, good on these sorts of designs is more difficult that 'conventional' solid bodies - it has to be built in rather than just adjusted in ;)

Well done and let's see some more!