The vote on May 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open!
VOTE HERE

mistermikev

Finished! Something old, something new, something blonde, something blue!

Amazing!! So glad you stuck with this, especially with the finish-related headaches. Worth it.

• Thanks 1

I just noticed a feature I may have to add to my current build: The gap for lifting the plates! 

And the way you've addressed the "all access neck" - does that allow for using the neck pickup as an extra fret?

13 hours ago, thaumgarrett said:

Amazing!! So glad you stuck with this, especially with the finish-related headaches. Worth it.

hehe, never even occurred to me that anything but sticking with it was an option!  I'm def about to give up on tru oil as a gloss tho... from here on out I think nitro.  even w a 4wk wait time to wet sand... I think it probably takes less time!  thank you for watching and your support!

7 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

I just noticed a feature I may have to add to my current build: The gap for lifting the plates! 

And the way you've addressed the "all access neck" - does that allow for using the neck pickup as an extra fret?

yeah, my gaps are rather large - as I've got sausage fingers!

afa pickup as a fret... I've often thought about an idea to make an adjustable fret on top of a pickup... it'd be pretty cool to do anyway!

35 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

added a higher gain demo... figured I'd post both demos here as i'd love your feedback

high gain demo

That's basically an armada of tones, really versatile axe 🤘

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

That's basically an armada of tones, really versatile axe 🤘

thank you sir... always a kind word and I appreciate that.

1 hour ago, Mr Natural said:

great job man. looking forward to the blonde.

Thank you Mr Nat!  I'm working on her in the background.  the top if finished, and I'm slowly re-doing the binding.  it's slow going cause I do about 2" in the morning and 2" at night.  any more than that and it will bend away in one spot while you get it tight in another. 

my progress may have just hit a brick wall tho because I bought a mesa triaxis and am going to have to re-arrange my rack to wire it up... which has me thinking... "why not build a nice hardwood studio rack?"  the pine one does the job so... "must... resist... urge... to... build... super-rack"