February 2019's Guitar Of The Month is now open - ENTER HERE!

I'll follow this as best as I can! March Of The Black Queen was totally the precursor to Bohemian Rhapsody....

18 hours ago, komodo said:

The coco neck will be set through, under top, and since it’s not regular HB routes, the cap will go on after the neck is glued.

That's my standard method....

18 hours ago, komodo said:

Not to mention I was thinking flame on the outside bevel and quilt on the heavy center carve. 

Wow! I want to see you pull that off. I want to see you pull the whole thing off! It's going to be epic.:hyper

SR

My head hurts thinking about it. My plan is to have that small inner bevel around the carve will be a natural flame “binding” like PRS. The larger outer bevel would still be the flame but trans black. I need to look at some of your build threads to get some tips on setting a neck under a cap.

Contemplating an ebony neck. I’ve got a very large piece.

1 hour ago, komodo said:

Contemplating an ebony neck. I’ve got a very large piece.

Ooooooooooh. :blink: Wicked.

SR

Scott I just re-read through your last build around the set neck / top / neck pocket stuff. That’s what I’m worried about LOL.

Yeah, well that was a stoopid mistake. You should be able to avoid those kinds of things, especially since you've seen at least one what not to do example.  You have to make a template for the neck pickup that has relief for the fretboard, and you have to deal with the neck being in place when you do your routes and carves.

Nothing to it.:)

SR

Looking at the end of my proposed FB, it doesn’t really have a relationship with the neck pup, and I want it to overhang. The Trisomics have a very shallow route. I’m more converned with thicknesses and angles of the top and neck precarve. Full sized plan and full sized templates are in order here. Probably laser cut.

Or even a full sized dummy from balsa? foam?