Hi Newbie here.

Good evening guys. I am Albie and have just got into building my own guitars since last summer. I have always loved music and guitars but never played them since a limited period of lessons when I was around 10. I am 56 now and last July I had a windfall and bought myself a Manson Cort MB1 from Manson guitars. I spec'd it up as high as I could afford and the guys from Manson did all the work in 4 days but said at least 4 weeks. Funny I got the call to say it was done and it had jumped the queue and only Matt Bellamy jumps the queue. Anyhow its a Red Sparkle Cort Manson with Psychopaf top end Bridge pickup and Sustainiac neck and coil tap and Fuzz Factory with Titanium controls. Awesome if you can play it.

Well as you can probably see I have a guitar hero and then I bought a secondhand Matt Cort Manson and tore it apart and basically started replicating Matt's guitars. This one has a Bare knuckle P90 and I fitted  X Y midi screen and Fernandes Sustain neck pickup and through body strings and hard tail bridge . All hardware became Gotoh stuff.. A lot of real carbon fibre was used in back cover plate and tesi switch kill button cover and neck plate too.

I then started getting the bug and couldn't really afford to keep buying guitars and deffo could afford a true Manson so I decided to make my own as I had a template from mine I could use.

I chose to make the limited edition Drone guitar of which only 99 were made.  Basically 2 pieces of wood glued and then purchase a neck and drill out the fret markers and fit same colour rose wood ones to make them invisible.  Back cover was carbon fibre and all hardware black gotoh parts. The cavity was routed out big for upgradability when I could afford Sustainiac and a battery box fitted too. The body was painted by me and neck Olive bronze green matt with a satin lacquer and I created a stencil for hand sprayed DRONE : AP for my own personalisation. 

Whilst doing that I had a Telecaster body too small just to replicate a Manson Mattocaster so I made a Manson Telespecial as Mikey Demus tribute. This one was easier as it has a aluminium cover and all the electrics and kill switch, neck pickup ( humbucker ) and battery all fitted underneath. This one still needs paint or staining but plays ok. Cheap humbucker pickups are ok but could be better in the future.

I started to get some Stratocasters from buddies  just to modify and make higher end. I made a very nice replica Simon Neil  ( biffy clyro ) from a £70 red strat using Fender parts. and built my grandsons 2 strats for when they are able to use.

As of today I am making another pair of Matt Bellamy guitars namely the Holey Moley 35 holed Manson in a glitter finish ( inserted aluminium tubes in holes ) and a Manson Bomber replica with 7 string and Floyd Rose tremolo.

My friends think I have gone crazy as before I restored Motorbikes as a hobby. But I just love guitars and creating some art in wood. Please understand also I am purely replicating in my own way things I can not afford to buy and not trying to defraud Manson guitars. My Drone alone would have cost me £2400 if was a Manson and mine cost me about £300 and lots of pleasure. The matt black midi one would have cost me £3500 and this cost me around £6-700 including guitar purchase.

I do this for myself and hopefully my grandkids to one day use at their freewill and I am starting to learn to play slowly but it gives me a creative mind to make things I am in awe about. After these two I have to try the Tron Manson with LED lit edge surround maybe.

I found this site looking on Google for fitting Floyd Rose and I was inspired by what I saw.

I will post some pics sometime soon of my prized creations

Albie