home depot wood....

saw this shopping for poplar for my binding jig and just had to have it.  I so love figured oak... not sure how I'll use it as it's 3/4 x 11.25 x 24, but at the very least would make some great accent ends for a neck thu (assuming I never figure out how to resaw).  Anywho, just wanted to share my woodlust!

DSCN2139.thumb.JPG.236ba36ec4c6b45039a7d132aa9e7ca3.JPG

DSCN2134.thumb.JPG.1a025cdd3764e5d566abc44535148d3a.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShatnersBassoon said:

I think Oak looks lovely and its really plentiful here in the UK. Put off though by its reputation for being difficult to work. Nice bit of flaming going on there!

thank you sir.  unfortunately the pictures just don't do it justice.  it has flame throughout and looks like it would make a really outstanding top. 

I've actually worked with oak quite a bit in the cabinet industry.  I distinctly remember how my router had a really hard time of it... but back then I didn't know anything about downhill routing and such so hoping experience will help me.  I've seen a few pros make basses with white oak and have wanted to do something similar since.  gonna stash this away till I get better at re-sawing and make a bookmatch out of it. 

anywho, thanks for the reply!