March Guitar of the Month

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner of course will have hi/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnite EST the 24th of February then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry might be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Figured I'd post this so folks don't think I throw -Everything- away :D

The ones that make it all the way are the ones I REALLY like B)

Some of these pics were taken before I wired it, you can see some pigtail wires hanging out the back in some shots, but she's been fully operational since last summer.

OK, here's the rundown:

Coco-Bolo covered on every side.

Coco-Bolo (from same piece) veneered onto headstock

Front, back, and all sides.

1-Piece Poplar body.

DiMarzio Tone Zone F-spaced in the bridge (works!)

Lindy Fralin PAF in the neck.

Controls, from front to back:

Volume

EMG SPC control

EMG Afterburner pre-amp.

Pull up and rotate for Sin City tone.

Left down, totally stock HB-er tone.

7-layer binding front and back

3-layer binding on headstock

Rear body bout

Schaller tuners, no lockers

Hardware courtesy of Stew-Mac

Body is about 1 1/2" thick

Finish is catalyzed lacquer for first 3 thin coats, then just regular lacquer for the rest.

Thanks! :D

Outside.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Done%20C%20red%2035K+.jpg

Rear.jpg

LeanBackBody.jpg

Final%20Close+.jpg

FinalBodyFull.jpg

Hey, everyone. I posted these pics in the 'works in progress/finished stuff' category, but I want to enter it here too, if that's okay.

I decided about a month ago that I was going to give my 84 Destroyer a total makeover for her birthday in January. I had been looking at the floral Jems, and liked the fact that they had fabric finishes. It opened up my eyes to a world of possibilities. That's when I came across this site. It had everything I needed to know to do this. See, I had done a slight makeover on her a couple of years ago, and was kind of inspired then by a combination of Gibson's Gothic Explorers (flat paint, all black hardware) and Spider-Man. I ended up with a flat black Destroyer with a gloss black web. Here's a pic of that incarnation:

Destroyer_B4.JPG

Anyway, I ended up going for a red fabric finish with a black "poor man's burst". The back and sides were painted with "spatter paint" that you use for car trunks and then painted over with gloss black spray paint. I love the texture, because it looks cool, is easy to finish and it keeps the guitar from sliding around on your lap too much B)

I was going to do a 3D type of inlay of the Jem vine variety, but gave up after cutting out the first piece of acrylic. What I ended up doing was cutting out the pattern, then filled it back in with epoxy that I had mixed with a darkish red metallic car touch-up paint. It's not the best, but it's my first time, so...

For the headstock, I made my own Ibanez logo using those clear address labels for injet printer. You can't really tell that good from the picture but it's red, and it almost looks pearlescent in sunlight.

Well, now that I've typed your eyes ot, here are the pics of the final product. Hope you like it :D

destroyer1.JPG

destroyerneck.JPG

destroyerback.JPG

destroyerhead.JPG

Thanks for looking, guys, and I hope it's worthy of inclusion :D

Skot

• 2 weeks later...

specs?

Oh, sorry about that!

It's a Saga HT-10 "PRS" style

- body is basswood

- neck is maple with rosewood fingerboard

- the head design was created by me, including an inlay using a lab created blue sapphire in triangle cut

- the hardware is fairly generic, all chromed...tuners/pickups/bridge/tailpiece

- the paint is DupliColor Mirage Blue/Red

- clearcoat was hand sanded and buffed/polished

That's about it....obviously not a built from scratch guitar, but a lot of work went into it and I'm pretty happy with the results...especially being my first one.

Thanks for the consideration of GOTM!!!

<steve>

I think this will be my entry, assuming I can get the final buff out and fitting of the electrics completed before the end of February...

Specs are:

Chambered mahogany body (2 piece) capped with Flame maple top and mahogany/padauk/mahogany back.

3 piece laminated neck (mahogany/padauk/mahogany) with scarfed head and EI RW fretboard.

Abalone dot markers & double bound body with Tortoise/cream binding.

Stew Mac golden Age humbuckers (overwound bridge) splitable with a pull pot for volume.

Pickup selection by a blend pot (no tone control, not selection toggle).

Chrome stringthrough bridge.

m3840467-9259.jpg

Thanks J' - it's built from scratch. I used the Kevin thomas's LP junior DC plans as the basis for the body, but the top carve, neck and hardware positioning are all my own. I moved the neck a little further into the body to strengthen the neck joint so I could add a neck pickup, and shifted everything else around to accomodate this.

m3088912-9371.jpg

2 days to go!

DANG! I was hoping to put that fretless bass I'm making in here. I didn't think it would take me THIS long to do it! Looks like I have 54 hours to finish it. B)

EDIT:Looks like I'm not gonna make it for this month. :D