Finished Pics! Phoenix Dreadnought Acoustic

Holiday = amazeballs. Managed to avoid the worst of the rain. Storm Lorenzo passed over the UK while we were still in Amsterdam. The wettest we got was trying to walk from the Tower of London back to the Tube.

We had worse trouble from procedural errors courtesy of third parties - Luggage lost on a 20 minute flight between Copenhagen and Bornholm (how likely is that?), and unwittingly driving around Ireland in an unregistered hire car (found out the hard way when we copped a fine for it).

12 hours ago, curtisa said:

We had worse trouble from procedural errors courtesy of third parties - Luggage lost on a 20 minute flight between Copenhagen and Bornholm (how likely is that?), and unwittingly driving around Ireland in an unregistered hire car (found out the hard way when we copped a fine for it).

Did your baggage arrive in the end?  I've had that a number of times when I was doing the multi-country travelling.  It adds a stress level and practical challenges that you could do without.

As for a hire car being unregistered?  I've never even heard of that before.  Was it a Northern Ireland / Eire issue?

9 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Did your baggage arrive in the end?

Yes, the following morning. Wasn't the greatest feeling for 18 hours, though.

9 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

As for a hire car being unregistered?  I've never even heard of that before.  Was it a Northern Ireland / Eire issue?

Irish republic. Caught us by surprise too. It's not the sort of thing you check for when you sign for the car at the airport. To be fair, we might have received the fine, but we didn't have to pay it. The infringement was actually 'non-display of current road tax' (some special sticker thingy that goes on the windshield), a lesser offence than an untaxed vehicle. It wasn't until afterwards when the hire car company emailed us the proof of tax document that we discovered that the car had only been renewed on the day of the email, 3 months after it had expired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I did promise to post the link when Matt finally got round to doing a proper video playing his dreadnought.

And here it is.  As always with these things, best through headphones

Assuming you do like it, remember to 'Like' it - pro & semi-pro musicians need all the help we can give them in these unusual times

Thanks for looking 

• Like 2

that body sounds amazing... almost like it has chorus, reverb and delay coming right out of it (hehe).  seriously that is a lovely sounding guitar, some lovely playing, and an amazing job recording it. 

also, updating this thread made me look at that bass again and for that I thank you.  osmo polyx - must do!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Norris said:

some beautiful playing from Matt. What better testament?! You've got to be well chuffed!

Yes - I've been hoping he would do one with this guitar.  I'm over the moon - if you wanted a proper demo, you couldn't ask for much better than this!  You can see why he's one the main demo players for Faith Guitars and Laney Amps 🙂

He put a wonderful tribute to how he finds the guitar on his Facebook page too - I will find it and post it later just to make my smugness just a little more nauseating 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Yes - I've been hoping he would do one with this guitar.  I'm over the moon - if you wanted a proper demo, you couldn't ask for much better than this!  You can see why he's one the main demo players for Faith Guitars and Laney Amps 🙂

He put a wonderful tribute to how he finds the guitar on his Facebook page too - I will find it and post it later just to make my smugness just a little more nauseating 🙂

OK - this is about as nauseatingly smug as I can get.  This is what Matt posted on his Facebook page about the first of the videos:

“This one is the first featuring my beautiful Swift dreadnought - possibly the deepest, yet most balanced and sparkly guitar I’ve ever experienced.  That’s why I chose to film one of my favourite acoustic pieces – Pat Metheny’s Map of the World.  I felt this gave a great insight into the clarity of the instrument and a strong indication of how the tonal depth is still there in spades despite the 5th fret capo.  The original is arranged for Pat’s short scale guitar and string section, but this is just naked dreadnought wonderment!”

That's it.  My work is complete.  Covid-19 do your worst!

(actually, Covid, skip the last bit if you would.  Just a glancing blow maybe.  Or even passing on the wind the other side of toughened double glazing might be penance enough.  Or better still, the next county.  OK, time for pleading:  I promise never to be smug again.  Honest!  Please don't give it to me!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Or even passing on the wind

Hur hur. You said, "passing wind".

Does Covid-19 give you the shits? All those people hoarding bogroll seem to think so.

Congrats to you, Andy. All smugness aside, you can't get much higher praise than from a very satisfied customer like Matt who is willing to advertise your hard work for you like that. I'd buy you a pint, but I'd suggest it will be a bit on the flat side by the time it's air-freighted to you.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, curtisa said:

All those people hoarding bogroll seem to think so

Who would have ever thought that the actual manifestation of world domination would first show itself by the fact that one cannot buy a roll of toilet paper anywhere on the planet.

SR

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScottR said:

the fact that one cannot buy a roll of toilet paper anywhere on the planet.

Come here, poor folks, the local cheap store has a bargain: 56 rolls for €10!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just a final, final post-script (note the sophisticated and subtle thread bump method)...

...but I did promise that if Matt did a side by side comparison of the K&K Pure Mini and LR Baggs Anthem systems I would post it.

And this is probably unique on Youtube.  Because the two systems are independent, Matt can record both during the same performance 

And this is it - same guitar, same player, same performance, same DAW settings (no EQ)

Oh...and modesty almost forbids me to mention it but...he says some very nice things about the guitar at the end! :D

• Like 3