Perhaps a scroll, definitely 3 single coils, and maybe an F hole.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:54 PM, ScottR said:

Once I was able to see better I found that I did need to revisit the polishing. And once I got the hardware on it, I found a number of things that need to be tweaked. In the meantime, I got to see what it looks like with the hardware hung on it, at least for now.

DSC02639.JPGDSC02640.JPGDSC02641.JPGDSC02642.JPGDSC02643.JPGDSC02646.JPG

SR

I dunno man.... If I was building it I would have gone WITH strings (is string-less catching on?).  Other than that looks outstanding! 🤓

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

Worlds most elaborate air guitar, can't hit a bum note though :D 

-might be just the thing I need to take me to the next level.

P90/single/p90... I do hope you'll do a vid or audio demo?  Looks like you went with strat wireup?

15 hours ago, mistermikev said:

I dunno man.... If I was building it I would have gone WITH strings (is string-less catching on?).  Other than that looks outstanding!

Auditions for strings are being held as we speak.

Hoping there will be a clear front-runner by this weekend.

SR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistermikev said:

P90/single/p90... I do hope you'll do a vid or audio demo?  Looks like you went with strat wireup?

Yes on the strat wire-up.

Unfortunately the chances are not good on the audio demo. I don't have the capability, and my buddy that has a studio in his house and used to make them for me now has a female type person in the house. Studio space is mysteriously turning back into living space.

I'm kind of dying to hear it myself.

SR

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ScottR said:

Yes on the strat wire-up.

Unfortunately the chances are not good on the audio demo. I don't have the capability, and my buddy that has a studio in his house and used to make them for me now has a female type person in the house. Studio space is mysteriously turning back into living space.

I'm kind of dying to hear it myself.

SR

well, your in luck... if you want to simply mail it to arizona... I would be willing to take one for the team and do a demo for you (hehe - might take me the rest of my life to send it back tho).  bet it's going to rip.

25 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

well, your in luck... if you want to simply mail it to arizona... I would be willing to take one for the team and do a demo for you (hehe - might take me the rest of my life to send it back tho).  bet it's going to rip.

That actually crossed my mind....except for the return timing of course.

SR

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prostheta said:

I might be poking the amplover fire here, but borrowing somebody's modeller for recording a demo should be pretty do-able. My Helix is a godsend in that regard.

I'd have to locate a modeller and a player, I'm afraid. My playing makes my dogs beg to go outside.:P

SR

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScottR said:

That actually crossed my mind....except for the return timing of course.

SR

I would be willing to loan you my vintage 1983 lotus in the meantime (hehe - I don't have a lotus). 

While I would def love to check out a build of yours, and would do anything for you... gosh that'd be an expensive way to get a recording of that guitar...  If only 're-guitaring' was a thing!