What to do with your finished projects?

Some of you may remember the El Pish which participated in the GOTM contest in April.

Well... I had not given her the attention she needed simply because I just didn't like the neck. It was good for noodling but there's no noodlers in this house... So I took her outside to the garden and spent the afternoon with a scraper, a sanding beam, a half round file and some sandpaper. The neck changed shape from something more common in classical guitars i.e. with a flat center to a modern C.

Sanded to 320 grit, wiped with a damp rag to raise the grain, sanded again with 400, raised the grain, sanded with 400... Rinse and repeat until no grain raised. Applied some Osmocolor clear and rubbed it in with 1000 grit wet'n'dry, wiped the excess off. After some hours now it's playable but not fully cured. I can say it suits my hand much better now so an afternoon well spent!

Maybe next year I may find the volute area or the body join to be too chunky and redo one or the other, or both. Or maybe not. The beauty of wood is that you can redo everything as long as it requires reducing material. 840992119_LPout1(Small).thumb.jpeg.c8e9c410c738889204aff87fcc369bc4.jpeg522059145_LPout(Small).jpg.2afb5c00dc3ae53989cd65c8153a8be0.jpg

• Like 2