First build- custom telecaster

Between the 6th and the 7th fret if my eyes tell me the truth...

• You could slant or round the fretboard inwards which you would do in any case for comfort but if you're tight on the final measurements there's not much play. If you can allow for narrowing the fretboard that would be the easiest way.
  • You could also do a binding. For some guitars that would be an improvement but since yours is more of the barncaster ilk that might break the style.
  • Apparently you can't find the original missing piece. Gluing that in place might be the best looking and relatively easy option.
  • Make a matching piece of an offcut of the same wood. You'd have to cut the bottom and the end of the nick straight and flat and the butt joint would be more or less visible unless you made that nick long enough to end at the fret slot or stretch it to bow back to the edge - a small "half moon" within the grain
  • Glue and dust is a good alternative as well for such a small nick. Notice that super glue, although being probably the strongest alternative, can burn the dust much darker. Test with an offcut to find the best dust, and test it with the finish you're going to use. The paler the dust the better the result, I guess.
  • There's a tutorial somewhere here about fixing nicks on a guitar top with some melting plastic. Found it: http://www.projectguitar.com/forums/topic/47312-burn-ins-and-graining-fixing-dings-and-dents-that-cant-be-steame/?do=findComment&comment=525104
  • The lazy way is to just round reshape that area so it doesn't hurt your fingers or grab your clothes, hoping no one would notice it.

No matter which route you choose, it's not going to be the end of the world. That looks totally fixable.