built a studio rack (aka "why I'm making zero progress on teles")

so... I needed another 10spc studio rack... so figured I might as well build one.  I had two pieces of walnut but opted for the one with a big hole in it... because it had pretty grain.  The grain matches going around the thing... kind of hard to see but... I see it. Working on a second one now. 

Anywho... would love to hear your impressions of it. What did I do right?  what did I do wrong?

DSCN3276.thumb.JPG.da125d082f4bbc4c822a26ac4f9d5851.JPG

DSCN3274.thumb.JPG.5a3d3b8f0ed9a130031b505be12cf1da.JPGDSCN3273.thumb.JPG.64102bbed63dcb4d2aa38b027c40539b.JPGDSCN3272.thumb.JPG.619d8923f2434b43934bc98114843f37.JPGDSCN3271.thumb.JPG.f124245a5d42102eed241ee9b8a6ca63.JPGDSCN3277.thumb.JPG.89a4a60d3ab63e2d303a42494f228d69.JPG

also..... BARK AT THE TOAST!

tuff crowd... nobody likes "bark at the toast"?  so I guess better cancel my plans on a series.

also in recent news... I literally blew up my computer last night.  have had this issue where it didn't like one of the usb devices (wasn't sure which).  It wouldn't restart until the device was unplugged.  well, I was trying to restart so unplugged the usb device and 'ZAP' and little smoke and no power.  Followed the usb cable back to origin - a usb hub I was using to consolidate printers. 

so last night I ordered a new 750w power supply... hopefully we just blew some over-current protection resistor/diode in the power supply... and not the $350 motherboard (or processor or anything else)!  will find out tonight when I get the new power supply... fingers crossed... find out on the next episode of "days of mike v's life"

On 7/28/2019 at 4:20 AM, mistermikev said:

what did I do wrong?

You didn't build a guitar out of that wood.

On 7/28/2019 at 4:20 AM, mistermikev said:

What did I do right?

You didn't hide the beautiful grain under a load of paint.

3 minutes ago, MiKro said:

I like it!!!! :) When I get some time LMAO!!! I am going to remake my 4x12 cab. The lower got some water damage so I'm thinking just make a new one. LOL!!

Low on the priority list right now.

mk

priorities?  never heard of them.  Thank you for the response!

agree... can't help but feel the time would have been well spent building guitars. 

that said, I probably only have 10-15hrs total in the two of these (finishing the 2nd now), 

only that much because I didn't have the proper tools to sand something this wide so had to use my router sled - followed by belt, and then orbital!  not to mention every straight edge was routered (no table saw). 

good experience in how NOT to do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

I hope you're not calling that toast, that's still bread mate.

well... yes... um... I like my TOAST just slightly toasty... perhaps a little more toasty than it was in the video... so it was on it's way to being toast for the sake of argument.  my wife likes it super crispy... which is a sub category of toast known only as 'BURNT TOAST'!  (I take it u r a burnt toast guy, eh?)

2 hours ago, mistermikev said:

well... yes... um... I like my TOAST just slightly toasty... perhaps a little more toasty than it was in the video... so it was on it's way to being toast for the sake of argument.  my wife likes it super crispy... which is a sub category of toast known only as 'BURNT TOAST'!  (I take it u r a burnt toast guy, eh?)

Yep, decent folk like their toast toasted, but I'll let you off because you've got a great rack

31 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

Yep, decent folk like their toast toasted, but I'll let you off because you've got a great rack

um.... my eyes are up here ADFinlayson.  also, I now have TWO great racks... pics to follow soon (have to clean my room)

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bizman62 said:

Noice... as I've recently learned to spell it

I am so flattered by your use of noice... it's very noice. 

note the axe fx iii in my setup - it's new: that is going to be the reason I get nothing done for the next month!

1 hour ago, mistermikev said:

"seriously, you call yourself a guitar player and don't know what the axe fx is?"  tsk tsk

Should I remind you of your definition of "sauna"?

Besides, who says I'm a guitar player? I just like to build them and maybe strum a few chords every once in a while.

9 minutes ago, mistermikev said:

do any shred guitar players live in Finland?

No, they all play unplugged. Strumming chords and singing simple pentatonic melodies.

have heard them... didn't realize they are from finland?  or are you joking... they are pretty cool.  anywho, steven segall is actually a decent guitar player.  has a crazy collection of guitars.  AND knows akido!

srry for dbl post!  getting old.

8 hours ago, mistermikev said:

srry for dbl post!  getting old.

Should I get worried about you 'Muricans? This is the second post today where you youngsters whine about your age.

• Haha 1