The New Bass

Went over to the local woods shop today and picked me up some woods.

Not a bad deal on them either.

Large Sizes, sorry. :DEDIT: NOT ANYMORE

BassTop.jpg

The QMT ($20 B) )

And the neck woods from left Curly Maple, Bubinga, and Birdseye Maple. 'twill be a 5pc, i still gotta cut the bubinga down.

BassWoods.jpg

Mahogany Body being glued

BodyGlue.jpg

I'll get the neck woods sized and glued tomorrow, and then probably start shaving layers off the mahogany this weekend.

I've got some woods coming from Gallery Hardwoods tomorrow and then another shipment next week for another bass with Goncalo Alves top and wenge/maple/wenge neck.

Peace

EDIT: Sorry for the temporarily broken pics, we were having host problems. As the two basses mentioned will probably develop at the same time, i'll post pics of both in this thread.

As I do not have an edge guide for my router (one doesnt exist) and I cannot afford to buy or build a good router table for my workbench, I've devised this guide plan for routing truss rods.

The blocks inbetween the blank and the backwall will put the router collet directly in the middle of the neck.

RouterJig.JPG

My problem is this: It is going to be difficult to keep the handles parallel to the backwall, considering the power of the router. Any suggestions on how i might remedy this?

The backwall, would of course, be bolted to the table, and i would laterally clamp the blank to it, to avoid vibration movements.

EDIT: In theory the router base should be a perfect cirlce, if this is so, the rotation of the router around the collet shouldn't matter, right?

I got my neck in from Gallery Hardwoods and I've routed truss channels in it (thankfully its large enough for two necks.)

Its too big for my bandsaw, so I have to take it somewhere, which kinda scares me. I'm going to make sure to meet the guy thats cutting it, and watch him whilst he does it (expensive woods).

Its wenge/maple/wenge.

TrussRoute.jpg

EDIT: as my edge guide is the contraption you see diagramed above, its not PERFECT. The route is off by 1mm on the left side at one end, and 1mm on the right side at the other. Will this matter?

The other side is fine.