Mrguit

Myguit

With only that little bit of information available, the only answer is epoxy. It would be best to scuff the lacquer where you plan to glue it and the piece of wood should at least be flat, at least where you are planning to glue it.

Pictures and details could get you a more qualified answer....

SR

A bit more info would be useful.

If you're talking about glueing a wood inlay e.g logo on to the headstock. I suggest you score round it with a scalpel then scrape off the lacquer inside your score marks to give a bare wood glueing surface. If you're glueing on a decorative cap/veneer, sand the whole surface of the headstock to bare wood and in both cases, use wood glue.

23 minutes ago, Myguit said:

Thanks all for the replies.

I do not want to damage the headstock. Instead I am thinking to put some very small nails into the back of the wood and make some holes in headstock and superglue the nails with the bit under the wood . What do you think?

pretty sure epoxying a piece of wood to the top is going to damage it in one way... but I think I get yer point.  I'd say super glue.  It will hold binding down great, some mando builders use it all over the place for inlays, and it's fairly available easy.  That said... I think the experts have spoken above.  epoxy will hold it such that it would take the finish right off to remove it... so it will hold very well.  superglue - maybe a little finish would come off.  Still sg will hold it good 'nuff for most purposes.  Either way you go... it'd probably be good to at least scuff up the finish where it's going to attach.  No glue holds all that well on a mirror smooth surface.  Anywho, I'll shut up now.

• Thanks 1