New from LGM Guitars, full custom necks

LGM Guitars

Yup, that's right,

Things are finally moving along and LGM Guitars is now offering complete necks for your custom guitar, or for that neck that got broken.

Please note that these will NOT have an Ibanez headstock, or say Ibanez, and I CAN'T do that, it is 100% illegal for me to cut an Ibanez headstock shape and use their logo on anything but an original Ibanez neck. Having said that, I think my headstock shape is cooler anyway LOL!!!!

I have specs for 6 and 7 string old neck joint and AANJ necks and prices are I believe more than reasonable for complete custom necks.

Here is a couple pictures of a Lefty UV replacement neck, I can do right and left, with standard or reversed headstocks at no extra charge.

Jeremy

Andre_neck4.JPG

Andre_neck3.JPG

Andre_neck2.JPG

I think they Rock :D

Will you be offering paddle head necks as well for people that want to make their own shape?

Unfortunately no.

Basically to date my neck work has consisted primarily of modifying Ibanez necks as you know. There are other companies that offer blank paddle headstocks for far less than I could do it for and at this point since every neck is done by hand (save for some repeating jig use) I am only interested in doing complete "new" necks. However, if somebody wants to use an original custom headstock shape, I can cut that in. (pricing may vary depending on the headstock shape)

One of the main reasons for not wanting to offer blank headstock paddles, is the fear of having brand name headstocks put on them (such as Ibanez etc) and without permission from said companies to replicate their headstocks I can still be held liable for fraudulant necks (though it would be hard to make stick when it's a customer doing their own mods).

Basically the last reason I don't want to offer that, is as it sits, I will offer a one year warranty on my necks since I see them through to completion, if I'm sending out necks that people can finish on their own it leaves it open to mistakes and problems in completion, not something I want people trying to hold me responsible for. Besides, I'm trying to get a recognized headstock shape out there now :D the first full custom LGM Guitar is in the works as we speak B)

Due to time constraints on both mine as well as my webmasters lives, if Brian ok's it, I'll put the basic prices on here.

Would that be ok brian?

Jeremy

Go for it....... I'm going to move this down into the supply section soon though after everyones had a chance to see it and the prices are published.

Thanks Brian,

Pricing is as follows. (US dollars includes shipping within Canada and the lower 48 states)

6 String guitar neck: $325

options at n/c:

Dot inlays (MOP or Abalone)

Ebony, rosewood, maple fretboard

Left or right hand

Standard or reverse headstock

Available with Ibanez type heel, either old heel type, or AANJ type.

7 String guitar neck: $350

options at n/c:

Dot inlays (MOP or Abalone)

Ebony, rosewood, maple fretboard

Left or right hand

Standard or reverse headstock

Available with Ibanez type heel, either old heel type, or AANJ type.

Standard inlay options:

Jem/UV style pyramids $275 (neon or synthetic)

Jem/UV style vine $275 (neon or synthetic)

Chrome vine $325

Real shell inlays upon request

Custom inlays upon request

Necks include maple neck with 14degree headstock scarf joint, fretboard, fret sizes 6105,6100, 6000, or 6140 as standard, Other fret sizes can be ordered per request.

Specs, 19mm at first fret, 43mm wide at nut (6 string) 21mm at 12th fret, 56mm wide at last fret (6 string) 25.5" scale, 24 fret, 430mm fretboard radius.

7 string necks same except for 48mm wide at nut and 65mm wide at last fret.

Thinner necks can be done upon request.

Of course as always, full custom back shapes and fretboard radii can be requested, prices may vary.

Price includes headstock finished in high gloss black, or left natural with or without LGM logo.

8 string necks available upon request as well as extended scale length.