Entry for February 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

KempGuitars

Kemp Guitars Thread 2020

I love the build quality of the Kemp guitars, at least from photos, never seen one in person.

you've obviously made your own templates, do you just use MDF or have you had them laser cut?

the reason I ask is that the bearing on my router bits always digs into the MDF making my cavities slightly larger than they should be.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, willliam_q said:

I love the build quality of the Kemp guitars, at least from photos, never seen one in person.

you've obviously made your own templates, do you just use MDF or have you had them laser cut?

the reason I ask is that the bearing on my router bits always digs into the MDF making my cavities slightly larger than they should be.

Water down wood glue slightly and paint the edges of your Mdf templates then sand smooth, it will seal and harden the edges so the template doesn’t turn to smooth under your router 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2020 at 9:36 PM, willliam_q said:

Thanks for the comments 😃

My templates are made myself from MDF. In terms of keeping them damage free, as @ADFinlayson said; watered down wood glue or thin CA 😃

That's some bloody awesome colour! Or should I say awesome bloody? Just waiting to see

her polished.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KempGuitars said:

Seen naked in the first post of this thread, now the SS has some colour...

03.jpg.8036d8787940e2ca3d392c7277dfd61a.jpg

Nice. Is the burst airbrushed?

SR

21 hours ago, Bizman62 said:

That's some bloody awesome colour! Or should I say awesome bloody? Just waiting to see

her polished.

Sorry dude, I missed your post. Yes, it's an odd colour. Looks very blood-like and almost orangey until it was sealed, now the red has popped and is awaiting clear coat. It will, however, be a matte finish in the usual Kemp style :)

Edited by KempGuitars

14 hours ago, KempGuitars said:

Hand rubbed burst

Even more impressive!

Excellent display of control.

SR

• Thanks 1