Guitar Of The Month Vote - March 2020

Time to vote!   

27 members have voted

1. 1. 1. This month's Guitar Of The Month poll is now open!

• argytar - "The Pimp"
    • pshupe - "1957 Futura Build"
    • Ratesz - "LP-1"
    • Lumberjack - "The Shiv"
    • Dmitry Sushkov - "The Wahlgaard mk. II"

This poll is closed to new votes

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click
HERE!

Welcome to the ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round!

The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status plus that (all-important) shiny member profile badge!

Good luck to this month's entrants....as usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however don't let any discussion in this thread sway your vote. :thumb:

Polls will close automagically after a week - as always, this thread is for open for discussion on the month's entries during and after voting.

This one's tougher than any during my membership! The past decade as a member of a Scotch tasting group has taught me to look at various aspects aside the obvious. The overall looks and craftmanship are to me the obvious criteria for guitars. A new edge, a good story, details that either serve a purpose or just look stunning, innovations to solve an issue, fixes turned to features, rare models... They all add to the sum.

The problem is that each and every participant gets points in most of the categories! Brilliant workmanship, stylish and unique details, rare models, good stories, the WOW! effect... They all are winners!

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more with both above.  PGOTM has been overflowing with great builds lately and I have actually been sort of scoring entries based on: 1 pt for looks/shock factor, 1 pt for "heart", 1pt for newbie here on the forum, 1 pt for build quality.  Unfortunately we have several newcomers who all scored a 4/4... so I had a really hard time voting.  I feel like I should apologize to anyone I didn't vote for - I actually feel guilty!

Nice job guys - take a bow!

I agree with all the above.  One of the strongest set of entries so far.  My method is usually, 'which one would I want to take home to play every day'

OK that failed, because it's pretty much all of them.

So I've raised the bar. 'Which one, when I hang it back on the wall, pull out the plugs and switch off the lights, would I look back at, for just one last glimpse, in the disappearing light of the closing door?

And there's one of those here...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyjr1515 said:

I agree with all the above.  One of the strongest set of entries so far.  My method is usually, 'which one would I want to take home to play every day'

OK that failed, because it's pretty much all of them.

So I've raised the bar. 'Which one, when I hang it back on the wall, pull out the plugs and switch off the lights, would I look back at, for just one last glimpse, in the disappearing light of the closing door?

And there's one of those here...

It's discrimination. Not all guitars can be put on the wall by design 😉

• Haha 1

Hi!

I enjoyed all fellow  builds too, and would want to have them in my arsenal!

I was envious of the meticulous relicing of the Futura! Wish I could execute this as tastefully in my builds! It must rock out so hard! Also, it is a build out of Korina which was a staple in this month’s builds!!

LP1 is also cool in her own right! If your first build looks like that, you are off to a great start!

The Shiv!!! Ugh , why did you have to enter this month! When I saw your entry I knew instantly you would take the contest! Delicious build! Great detail, great coloring and playing chops! A little pointy for my tastes, I am not a metal guy, but still an ultra enviable build!! Kudos!!

The Czech republic build is a work of art and Dmitry is a pro builder!

I don t know if I could play Mr Shuskov’s instrument, but it is such an admirable build that truly stands out!

I would have to say nonetheless, that this month the most original builds were the Shiv and Mr Shuskov’s 9-stringer! Bravo!

Congrats to all the fellow participants, GPGOTMC is always an enjoyable process!

Wow, glad I got mines in last month or wouldn’t have had a chance!!  Great selection to choose from but made it very difficult to come to a decision.

great work done by all entrants and all should be proud regardless of who wins!