Entry for May 2020's Guitar Of The Month is open - ENTER HERE!

Sign in to follow this  
jaycee

New Workbench

Through various circumstance changes we had to re-allocate rooms in the house which gave me the oppotunity to build a work bench in what will become a workshop come storage area.

The bench is made from 3x2 with 25mm mdf top (flippin' heavy) and is 2400mm x 800mm (8 foot x 31") with a shelf underneath made from the remaining mdf ( originally 8x4 sheet.)

The corner support pieces will be glued to the top and then screwed into the frame, And the front 120mm Apron was glued to the frame which really stiffened up the whole thing. Everything else is screwed.

In the 3rd pic you will see three dog holes in the vice face piece which accept the dowels from the Ash strip in the 4th pic, this enables pieces to be secured whilst planing. 

I installed the vice 25mm below my original plan due to brain fog but it works fine.

There is a lot of room to add other components as and when I think or see something I like.

And it was finished with three coats of Patina.

Fg3GVca.jpg

kQVqPd9.jpg

7zT3gdm.jpg

hATkh6C.jpg

RdFiGLl.jpg

• Like 1