Scratches on a fret board

I am working on refinishing a Fender Telecaster neck. I have stained and sealed neck, but after working on cleaning out the fret channels I have a number of scratches in the fret board (some of which are against the grain). I know I can sand out the very fine scratches, but I would like to know if someone has suggestions for the deeper scratches. I do not want to resand and refinish the entire fretboard, so I probably need to fill these areas. StewMac offers ColorTone Scratch Remover but can't tell if it will work on the neck, rather then a finish on the body of a guitar. Any ideas?

Matt

A single edge razor blade works well between frets used as a delicate scraper. It may not be the best option for a lacquered fretboard, though.

I had some Meguiar's products that I was going to use on a different project. I used the Scratch X 2.0 on one of the scratches and it worked great. This is the first time I tried buffing/polishing compounds. It took many (upwards of 25) applications, but sure enough bye-bye scratch. I placed a bit of the product on a terry-cloth rag and worked (lightly) into the finish. I am going to try some of the heavier compounds to see if I can first reduce the scratches, and then try the Scratch X 2.0. To anyone looking to get rid of scratches from a finish - this stuff does work, it just takes some patience.

Matt