Newbie building Les Paul

jaywelby34

I am building a Les Paul from a body and neck from Bian Xuebin.  I am pretty much a newbie.  I built a 335 bass a while back from a kit.  I went ahead and sprung for some near mint Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates PUs.  My question is what pots, caps, etc, should I pair with those?  Any suggestions will be most helpful.  The 335 bass I did is in the picture.1812688775_bassbuild335.thumb.jpg.6795e3919c276681d09d4324bc75e40b.jpg

Historically Les Pauls were done with 500k pots and 0.022uF caps. The Pearly Gates should work just fine with those default values.

Beyond that, there's nothing stopping you exploring the myriad of different wiring schemes that are floating around on the net. Seymour Duncan themselves have a good selection on their website which you can chose in a dropdown-configurator style format based on the number and type of pickups you have, and the number/types of controls you want.