see muoy rawk video

mistermikev

Sounded nice and what amazed me even further, you made it sound improvised despite making it look like you played the similar thing in various postures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bizman62 said:

Sounded nice and what amazed me even further, you made it sound improvised despite making it look like you played the similar thing in various postures.

thanks biz.  well, when I recorded it... it was in 3 or 4 parts... and it was improvised... but when I did the video I just lip sync'd it - there:  I admit it... I went all milli vanilli!

• 1 month later...

Boy it really blows open at the 1:48 mark. Love that. I’m no country listener of any type except maybe Skynyrd but always am jealous of the playing. Johnny Hiland, holy crap. 

Might sound nice if you had less overall gain, or maybe a ton more!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, komodo said:

Boy it really blows open at the 1:48 mark. Love that. I’m no country listener of any type except maybe Skynyrd but always am jealous of the playing. Johnny Hiland, holy crap. 

Might sound nice if you had less overall gain, or maybe a ton more!

well thank you for taking the time and your thoughful comments.  I know I'm no trip to hollywood but I try.

I posted this on a tele forum where several where outraged at the use of higher gain for country... and looking back I have to agree with the popular consensus - that I should have recorded it with the typical clean country sound.  Something to store away for future endeavors!

thank you again for the comment!

No no, I wasn't kidding. Slightly cleaner, just top get a little clarity and the touch sensitivity, more of an edge of breakup like an OD vs fuzz.

Or, MORE GAIN. That would sound pretty cool with a lot of heat on it.

outraged, lol. You should shred on it and bring it back to them and make them cry.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, komodo said:

No no, I wasn't kidding. Slightly cleaner, just top get a little clarity and the touch sensitivity, more of an edge of breakup like an OD vs fuzz.

Or, MORE GAIN. That would sound pretty cool with a lot of heat on it.

outraged, lol. You should shred on it and bring it back to them and make them cry.

hehe, new crossover genre - country djentleman.  In their defense (outrage) I posted it on a telecaster forum so... I get the impression I could have been playing black sabbath and they would have wanted clean + compressor!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, 10pizza said:

nice playing man! catchy groove!

i have a terrible habbit of not following my own threads and rudely not responding to people... I hope you won't hold that against me because I really appreciate your comment!  thank you sir!

8 hours ago, mistermikev said:

i have a terrible habbit of not following my own threads and rudely not responding to people... I hope you won't hold that against me because I really appreciate your comment!  thank you sir!

haha, I have to admit I have the same bad habit sometimes! Not always clicking the notify button , so sometimes miss updates! No problem at all!

• Like 1