ibanez looking fender????

jeremywills

i was looking at japanese made fenders on ebay and ran across this Fender Talon. Has anyone ever heard of these. It looks alot like an Ibanez like guitar to me, with the aanj and headstock being a non fender peghead, anyways just wondering if anyone knew anything about these, not that im going to bid or anything, but just curious, thanks

jeremy

Guest AlexVDL

I know Fender made Heartfield guitars, and this one looks exactly the same as a Heartfield Talon... so it could be a pre run on these models before they changed the name.

Vinnie Moore plays a Heartfield on his album Meltdown

meltdownbig.jpg

cool. it just resembled more of an ibanezish guitar to me than a typical fender, hell its probably made in that same place the ibanez guitars are made, i have heard this long word, fugi gen kai or something that supposedly ibanez and fender guitars are made side by side or something, i have been trying to read up on the fender japan story as i have seen some beautiful drop dead guitars that say crafted in japan and i was blown away at the quality, far better than some of the ones i have had that say made in the USA, so thats why i was on ebay just checking out what they go for in that market, thanks for your info you 2

Guest AlexVDL

Yeah the Fuji Gen Gakki factory... but I never heard about Fender being made in that factory though.

You're right about he Japanese guitars, a whole lot of them are exeptionally well made! For instance Tokai, Greco, Burny, Orville (epiphone japan) etc. Especially the copy guitars like the les paul models, but also their strats etc.

If you see for what price they are being sold in Japan, you are going to wonder why USA guitars are so damn pricy???

For instance, Orville had to stop building guitars due to Gibson lawsuits even after Gibson gave them permission and all the specs to build Gibson copies only for the Japanese market. After the lawsuit the guitars were named Epiphone Japan and were sold for about 50.000 to 90.000 yen, which is about 450 to 800 dollars. Now Epiphone Japan had to stop and they're now called Epiphone USA Elite!! The same ones... different headstock (plain ugly to me) but also at a higher price!

I can't understand this... :D

Why is everything being so expensive... even Ibanez is going to call the Japanese models "Prestige"! And a couple of years ago the prestige models were high quality exceptional guitars offered as being hand made... an now the plain black rg550 is being called prestige??? What the hell is happening??? B)

Uhhh... I think I'm in the wrong thread :D Sorry I let myself go a little... :o

:D