Walnut & Cherry Telecaster

mpeg2

A while back, I got some help & encouragement from folks on this discussion group about building my 1st guitar - a Telecaster(ish) guitar with a body made of Walnut & Cherry.

I'm now at the finishing stages and things appear to be working out quite well:

http://psip.home.comcast.net/telebody.htm

If you visit - check out my other recent projects at:

http://psip.home.comcast.net/

Rich

nice work shop too! :D

Thanks for all the positive comments. I'm going to start the finish sanding tonight. I plan on using a tung oil finish - gloss on the body, satin on the neck. Still trying to work out the wiring - I'm going to have each pickup going through a mini-switch, with the third switch used (probably) to select series/parallel - I originally was thinking of using it for phasing, but after hearing that a tele out of phase sounds awful, changed my mind.

Anyone have a pointer to a wiring diagram for a tele with series/parallel, using mini-switches, rather than a three (or 5 way)??

Rich

hey...just looked at the pic again. Why are there 3 mini toggle switches?

Try to stay with the group :D (just kidding)

Still trying to work out the wiring - I'm going to have each pickup going through a mini-switch, with the third switch used (probably) to select series/parallel - I originally was thinking of using it for phasing, but after hearing that a tele out of phase sounds awful, changed my mind.

I love the sound of Tele p/u's in series - very Brian May. The out-of phase positions are not very strong, and very bright, but might be useful for funk/blues, especially with the tone rolled back.

BTW, that's a gorgeous top, and I love the maple covers. B)

Thanks for the pointer - the diagram will help me figure this whole thing out.

Just finished sanding (probably not as much as I should have, but I run out of patience) & put on the 1st coat of tung oil (2 more coats to come). The walnut darkened up quite a bit (and looks even better).

I'm glad I put the cherry on the back - some randomly placed dark spots showed up once I put the tung oil on.

If nothing goes wrong, I should be able to assemble & tweak this weekend.

Rich