Recently Painted HT-10 kit

Sybex23

weez: I'll take more photos including the neck shortly and post. I also painted gothic scripted letters down the back of the neck and then cleared over them. The face of the peghead is painted to match the body.

jammy: I ordered from universaljems here:

HT-10

but it looks as if they are backordered for a month or so.

Thanks for posting your feedback. In response to the requests, Here is how to do it:

1. What was used: House of Kolor Paints (www.HouseOFKolor.com)

1. Black Base

2. Marbelizer Artistic Base Coat

3. ADHERTO - Adhesion Promoter

4. Urethane Enamel Kandy

5. Poly Urethane Klear

1. Prep the body normally - prime/seal, finish sand etc....

2. Then paint a base black coat.

3. After the base, paint a coat of the marbelizer. While the coat is wet, get some plastic wrap (Saran wrap or such). Use a size appropriate for the area you are painting. For instance, the headstock piece was about 8 x 10 inches. You then roll the saran wrap into a ball and then un-roll it so that it has wrinkles. Then just dab it on and off of the painted surface. This will create a pattern in the marbelizer.

4. After it dries, shoot a coat of ADHERTO adhesion promoter to encourage adhesion of the paint. (Not sure this is really necessary, but House of Kolor recommends it)

5. Shoot coats of desired color. In this case an emerald candy green. There are 4 coats of green on the body.

6. Clear coat for finish - 2 coats.

7. After completely dry - usually a few days, but I think it was a week for this one -

use 1000 grit (wet) to knock off any nibs or imperfections. Then 2000 to finish.

8. After sanding, 3M Finesse It II was used with a handheld rotary polishing tool.

Some additional notes:

The marbelizer color adapts to the base coat. In this case it was blue when applied, but the candy coats it green and that is what you see. This is similar to how a candy red works off of a silver or gold metallic base and then a red toned clear. Using urethane has proven much easier than Nitro for me. The urethane goes on like glass, and unless you have a lot of imperfections, you can sand with a fine grit and finish rather quickly. I know there are a lot of debates over Nitro vs. Urethane, and I am not going to argue it either way. I have finished 2 other guitars using Nitro, and while they came out fine, they were a lot more work to finish. Also, as I generally use a modelling amp or effects anyway, tone has not been an issue for me, although I will say that the guitars done with urethane have not sounded appreciably different to me.