Vote here for March Guitar of the Month

Time once again!  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aagh! I thought I'd dodged a bullet by not going up against Lex's beautiful bass, but I totally forgot about Drak's cursed Coco-V... Grrr! Nice piece Doug, you got my vote.

I'll try and up some more images with finish on, hopefully this afternoon. I should also admit that the electrics are still unfinished, so I don't know whether I can still really run legitimately this month... :D

Edit: Here's the latest pics.

m3906632-5103.jpg

m3906633-6975.jpg

I voted for the destroyers 20th birthday make over, it rocks! Also I love setches entry, It's looking beautiful!

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Well, if you dont win setch, I will vote for ya next month...well, I was the first entry, so....nevermind.

But the pics are much better than the first set you posted.

So....I would have voted for you had I waited.

Thanks all for the nice words B)

I don't think any of this months contenders should be dissapointed at loosing to Drak's V - it's a great piece, from conception to flawless exectution, I think we were all destined to be also rans. I will be finishing my project up and resubmitting next month, see y'all then :D

....aaaaw crap, then I'll be up against Lex's bass.... I'm doomed... :D

So...setch... How bout them specs...

Neck:

Laminated mahogany/padauk/mahogany set neck, w. scarfed jointed headstock, and EI Rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay. Abalone dot inlays and Martin style U-channel trussrod.

Body:

Two piece chambered mahogany body, capped front and back with flame maple and mahogany/padauk/mahogany respectively. Mahogany back is 1/4 inch thick and maple top is a little under 1/2 inch. Double bound with tortoiseshell/cream celluloid binding.

Hardware:

Stew Mac golden age humbuckers, w. overwound bridge. Volume w.pull pot to cut to singlecoil mode. Pan pot to fade between bridge and neck, no tone control or toggle switch, handturned padauk knobs w.black detailing top and bottom. Chunky chrome stringthrough bridge w.chrome ferrules at rear.

PS: Did you borrow my construction design?B)

Nope - mine is actually setneck, not neckthrough. The padauk stripe is just a cosmetic detail, the back cap was added after a cockup patching a routing tear out. Originally it had a plain mahogany body, with only top binding, and a halfinch roundover on the back. I wasn't happy with the patch I used to hide the tearout, so I ended up sawing off the entire mahogany section of the treble side horn, patching in a new horn from the blank offcut, and then gluing on a new back to hide the joint. The back binding concealed the added back. It set me back about 2 months, but I wasn't happy with previous patch, so it was worth it! I think Drak's prefectionism might be catching :D

m3906633-6975.jpg

GDC%20back.jpg

Why I asked. Not that it matters to me. I came up with it, but anyone can use it.

The purpleheart stripe is all the way thru. The mahogany is set in ala 59 LP

Who cares tho? The sustain is the best. If I unconsciously "borrowed" the design....it still rockd! Great minds thiunk alike for sure. Are you a cat person?

Setch post some more pics and re enter it next GOTM. that guitar is looking beautiful and litch! DAMN litch! that thing looks INCREDIBLE! as for that steve fister mirage paint guitar another great! a lot of great choices this month but draks cocobolo V is just BEAUTIFUL. the right down to the bookmatching and the bindings. i love it! great job everyone.

BTW can i enter my guitar in GOTM and the carriburst? its cool if i can only enter it in carri but its going to be done in about 2 1/2 months starting finishing next week. joy! ill post pics of the inlay soon.........