Guitar of the Month for April

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnite EST the 25th of March then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry might be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Here is my entry for April.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

b5.jpg

b6.jpg

b7.jpg

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

b11.jpg

SPECS

Two piece Walnut body

Black Mahogany dye stain with 25% sheen lacquer on body

Five piece Maple/Merbau/Maple/Merbau/Maple neck

Hot Rod truss rod

Edony fingerboard

Brass side dots to match gold hardware

Polimerized tung oil on neck

Bolt-on neck w\ ferrules

Bridge from Custom Shop Parts

All other hardware from Allparts

Allparts humbucker pickup

Volume/treble boost push/pull, tone, series/split/parallel mini switch

Tusq nut

the flames are sprayed on there black base then clear then flames then more clear

i supposed i should add my specs

1983 Gibson Flying V

Originally black, dont know what original hardware was

Black paint with hot rod flames

Sprezel locking tuners

EMG 60 81

Black gibson tom and stop bar

vol vol tone

input jack on the inside of the lower wing

graphite nut

MzI

Nice work, everyone. Congrats to Drak for his win last month. I'm re-entering my Ibanez Destroyer because the pics I had of her last month don't do her justice. So I got new pics :D

destfullfrontS.JPG

destfretboardS.JPG

destendS.JPG

destheadS.JPG

destbackS.JPG

There ya go. I think these pics are way better. I hope you agree B)

Skot

I'm gonna enter my rg7 custom, I know it'll get no votes coz the other works are fantastic, But hey It's all good fun :D

rg7finished01.jpg

And

rg7finished02.jpg

Specs :

Universe Neck, Blaze Pickups and black hardware, Body binding is black/white/black 3 ply and veneered top is trans ceder stain, Back and sides are black to match and keep in line with the headstock, the middle s/coil i had to route free hand which is why it's a little differant to the standard ibanez s/coil shape

The top is my 2nd ever and my first go at binding, I'm happy with it and it looks stunning in the flesh

Good luck everyone B)

Rob

Since refurbished guitars are fair game I might as well throw this one out. I bet it will get one vote. :D

Here is the before picture. It's an all alder Carvin DC127, neck through of course and with active electronics. It was just a plain jane tung oiled utility guitar, a great player but not much to look at.

Carvin3a.jpg

A little time with a rasp, sand paper and some poly and here's what I came up with.

CarvedCarvin3a.jpg

CarvedCarvin6.jpg

CarvedCarvin7a.jpg

Wow, plenty of competition this month...why not a little more?

I finished this guitar over the weekend. It features the following:

30 year old Honduran Mahogany/figured maple cap

Semi hollow construction

Front/Back/F-Hole Cream Binding

Gibson '57 & '57 Classic PAF Pickups

Graph Tech GHOST piezo system w/internal preamp

Stereo jack (magnetic signal to one amp, acoustic to another)

Stainless Steel frets

Pau Ferro Fretboard

Full_Guitar.jpg

Side_Angle_of_Body.jpg

Back.jpg

• 2 weeks later...