Canadian suppliers of luither tools

sliverfinger

None that are specifically luthier tools that I've found. I get all my stuff out of the US, it's cheaper 9 times out of 10 anyway, the Canadian retailer hasn't figured out yet that it's way cheaper for the consumber to buy out of the US, even with shipping, especially now with the dollar where it is (which still has me bummed out)

Yes, pretty much all of those items come from the states anyway. My take on it is, even if you can find a retailer who sells the items you need, he is likely buying bulk from Stewmac anyway. May as well pay your own shipping and handling than someone else's, not to mention their ridiculous profit hike.

Sounds like a good buiness oportunity (at first) if you have the cash and knowledge to start a production/bussiness similar to stew mac only canadian based, I've heard from a local luthier there used to be a place in ontario, but they went bankrupt, so i duno maybe there just wasn't a big enough demand? and since most us residents/builders just went to stewmac...

I've heard from a local luthier there used to be a place in ontario, but they went bankrupt,

I don't think there is enough people to support it in Canada, and no American's would buy from up here, what would be the point, sounds like it would be financial suicide to me :D

ya, pending if you ran it as a side hobby buisness(spending all your personal money to keep it up an running) or as a main source of income would be the big factor.....

i'm fortunet enough to have a great hearwood supplier 5 mins away and a leevalley store about 20 mins away B)