Hey! It's A Living Dead Thing!

Drak

It's actually ripped off from Steve Cripe's (builder for Jerry Garcia) body shape. :D

I worked the shape up from an on-line picture I found of him holding one of his.

I got the body cut out, rear control cavity routered out, and the binding channel cut.

Now I gotta carve the top and carve in the rear body bout.

...Boy I can hardly wait for that, hehehe. B)

I don't even know yet really. I just spritzed it with water for the pic, No idea what it'll wind up as tho :D

Maybe blue in the center and fade to silver-grey then black on the edge?

I do know that I want to do a sort of a McNaught style finish, where the back and sides are left natural and the top colors stop at the binding.

Blue will probably be in there somewhere, maybe a grape blue?

Here is 'The Man' (Steve Cripes) himself, and 'The Guitar'.

This is the actual picture I worked from to style the body.

I always thought it was a bit odd that Garcia would have what looked to me to be a rather heavy-metall-ish looking guitar, and it never really got noticed as such...I think it was the use of the natural woods that kept it from metall-ers attention?

BTW, the Maple was courtesy of Buzzsaw Intl., on e-Bay. Nice guy.

Cripes.jpg

I know it's not your style, but I think I'd leave it yellowish. I think it looks soooo sweet like that.

Another cracking guit Drak. Don't throw this one at anything :D

I was looking at building that very same shape. Infact it might have been you that sent me the picture :D . Settled on the double cut Les Paul and I'm glad know because mine would look nowhere near as nice B)

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Looks great If ya need any help with carving, PM or ask me. I have a great method.

Never mind. I use a spokeshave and a palm sander. No need to keep it a secret.

Yes, I did it to cut down on the neck heel 'chunkiness'. I do this to most all my guitars. I left this one a little thicker than I usually do. Also, slicing the edges like that also contributes to the neck heel not getting in the way as much.

I also carved out the rear body bout which came out pretty nice too.