Since alot of us are students...

Posted: Mar 10 2004, 02:27 AM

What instruments do you play?

I play the Guitar, Bb Trumpet, Bass Guitar, and can play Drums to an extent, ie read the drum music and play etc... tho no claims to being Jimmy Chamberlin!! hehe.

here's a couple i did during my training for my current job...

trying to do a js

drawing-DLG-JS.jpg

one of those little lap guitars, thought about making it to take to work

drawing-DLG-lapguitar.jpg

my morron friend made me draw this one...

drawing-DLG-superman.jpg

a paint idea for my custom shape guitar (don't steal this one :D)

drawing-DLG-transition.jpg

i doddled (and still doodle) in just about every single class. never anything useful. most of the time some odd cartoon character, occasionally an idea for a refinishing job or something, never anything groundbreaking or life changing. most of the time, i scribbled and jotted stuff a lot. never was too quite sure what i was writing, but i've saved all my spirals so i can see what it was. i have several favorite jr. high and hs spirals that i like to read.

one of 'em lasted me from the end of my 8th grade year all the way through my jr year (11th, for those of you not familiar w/ american schools). there were stories, notes, doodles, cartoons, class notes, poems, you name it in that spiral, and i still love to go back and read it every now and then. some very odd stuff in there. once i find it, i'll post this one thing up that i found online when registering for ebay (don't ask...i have no idea how i found it during that process...). it'll just make you think, and not about something good.

btw, i'd like to see that second guitar you posted turned into a real guitar.

actually, both of your second guitar sketches were nice...

• 5 months later...

maybe should revive this thread as many new students have come to the board, heres a pic of what Darren Wilson came up with when i attempted to combine a RR V, Warlock Star Hybird mutant! lol

rrbeastwarlockstar.gif

i was going to build it, but i got caught up in this 7 string design that i came up with,

Curtis

i doodle constantly. most of the time it's nonsensical drawings, and random patters that have nothing to do with anything, but every now and then i stumble onot something cool, like a finish idea i had. a gradient color from light to dark, OVER a burst, with the headstock being black and a very light haze over the middle to top of the body. looked pretty cool, but it has absolutely no practical way to be painted.

I'm 19 (nearly 20) just over 1/2 way through 2nd year of a town planning degree at QUT.

I doodle in every class, yesterday I read through a tool-shop catalogue deciding what I was going to buy :D

Mostly I design headstocks...I'm in the process of designing my first guitar...

I read through pages printed off stew-mac deciding what I'm going to buy,

read books, and the paper...

At school we used to talk non-stop, design anything and everything, I even used to sleep through some classes B) Do assignments in class so I didn't have to do it when I got home...

Anything not to listen :D

At least at uni, you can just not turn up...God Bless uni :D

I am in my sophmore year of highschool. (10th grade)

Its very easy for me, and I am usually done with all of my work very early, so I do a lot of doodling, thinking, planning, humming, sleeping, and finger conditioning (I have one of thoes grip masters from musicansfriend I keep in my pocket)

I draw a lot of guitars in my marketing class, but Im a horrible drawer, so they all look like a third grader with a crayon dipped into his dads stash of weed, and went to town on a peice of paper.

I draw lots of schematics for pickups, but they all seem kinnda wrong somehow.

I also draw checkers on EVERYTHING, every one of my shoes has checkered toe caps now.