New website coming along

MWCGuitars

I'm using smokeyjoecustoms hosting service. I think I've pretty much finished the links page, except maybe for my contact info, and I was just doing work on the gallery page.

I'm not going to be selling instruments from the site, just through a local store, so I think I'll omit the Pricing, and maybe the Features pages, and put something like "they can be found at this store", etc. The store I consign at is Act 1 Music on the links page BTW. Great bunch of guys there.

hey lex,that is a nice site...but one thing you might consider is photographing your guitars and basses against a light colored backdrop so that you can see every detail

people don't like to see shadowy areas when they are considering buying an instrument,because it makes them think there might be hidden flaws...

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Did you just create an HTML document and then post it on the server? How was that done. You have inspired me to build a site as well.

Did you just create an HTML document and then post it on the server? How was that done. You have inspired me to build a site as well.

Don't you have a website? I saved the HTML writing as a .txt file, then uploaded it to Fullserversite. You can actually view the webpage is it is, but I would then change the .txt to .html

I am glad you guys enjoy the Hosting service. It is definiately my way of giving back to the forum.

I will work on a new avatar.

I have a bunch of huge things coming very soon.

I have been in this forum for quite a few months, secretly learning and practicing.

I'm almost ready to unvail my work.

My best work, will be wanted by all. Then, it will be offered on Ebay w/ no reserve.

I will keep you posted.

Do the pics work for anyone else on Litchfeilds site? I can't see any of them - just the dreaded red x's.

Sorry to hijack but Litch - are you really building gutiars for a living? I thought you got a new job recently?

Back to the original-

Nice looking site so far Lex. I think it's a good idea to have a site even if you're not planning on selling them through it. It gives people a sense of comfort knowing you're not transient. I don't know where some of you get all this time to do this stuff. I barely get an hour a day to build.

Well I suppose since everyone else is doing it I might as well post our website.

My cousin did the design and major scripting, and I went back in and made all the content pages (well whats done of them).

It's got a lot coming as far as content in about a week, otherwise it's 99% done. The only thing is that my coz knows nothing of music, so you'll notice the Basses and Guitars clefs are oddly inverted :D

Enjoy for now...here.

Mitch

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Wello, I sell them, but it is a poor excuse for a living. I got fired too, so whatever.

The pics on my site dont work for me either. Time to rebuild.

DO ME!

Well, this isn't really a guitar selling site. It's more for local Ohio bands, but I do plan on offering guitar custimizing sometime in the future. There will be a battle of the bands that's 11 hours longs featuring 14 high school bands, and 8 other feature bands. I will be there handing out shirts and stickers for Ceetus. I want to make sure the site doesn't completely suck. It's not totally done yet. I still want a message board, some custom quote pages done, and the order pages aren't even started.

The best stuff happens behind the scenes. I'm more of a programming than designer, like you couldn't tell. The page is just rectangles and a crappy microphone done up in PhotoShop. There is only 1 menu, it's loaded into each page. There is only one of each page. It changes color, not the lame way of making a page for each color. The best part is the shows on the home page are loaded from a flat-file database. I used to have to type them in order, and I'd get a show that happens in the middle, then I would have to go through and change the color of each line. Now, it sorts the list in order, gets rid of old shows, and takes the first 30 current shows and displays them. It's never out-dated (that was a pain, too, remembering to take down old shows). I also plan on adding a page that lets bands add their own show, but I am currently working on getting everything to a relational database, so the shows could also be searched.

Well I suppose since everyone else is doing it I might as well post our website.

My cousin did the design and major scripting, and I went back in and made all the content pages (well whats done of them).

It's got a lot coming as far as content in about a week, otherwise it's 99% done.  The only thing is that my coz knows nothing of music, so you'll notice the Basses and Guitars clefs are oddly inverted B)

Enjoy for now...here.

Mitch

edit: oh sorry! i didn't even read the whole post... :D