Thinskull 1

Hey, guys. How's it going? Well, I posted pics of the guitar I call TS2, (Thinskull 2) a couple of weeks ago, you know, the skull looking one with the wicked headstock... Well I also promised pics of his big grother, TS1. I actually finished modifying this one first, but the owner never took it to get it rewired. I finally made him give it back so I could rewire it myself :D

TS1 is basically an old '80's Kramer. Not sure of the model though. It has a set of Seymour Duncan H/S/S with 5 way switch, 1 volume, 2 tones and a coil tap switch.

Floyd Rose II double locking tremolo.

Anyway, here are the pics. Hope you like this one

TS1fullfront.JPG

I used razor blades and chisels to carve the black areas down, which left the other areas higher. I used wood putty to build up around the eyes and cheekbones, and also horns coming from the eye sockets up to the top of the skull. I got the crackled finish by painting the whole thing black, then clear coating it. I then used gray primer over the clear coat and it seperated leaving all these cool gashes in it. (It's something I did by accident once, but remembered the results.) Then a final coating of clear. The neck is also painted black and buffed to a good shine.

TS1body.JPG

TS1head.JPG

For the headstock "Thinskull" logo, I printed out THINSKULL at the right size and font, then I cut the letters out. I used Elmer's glue and dripped it on each letter until it filled the letter to the edge. After that was dry, I glued it to the headstock and painted it red. I really like the contour of it. I'm really starting to dislike flat surfaces :D

TS1back.JPG

TS1controls.JPG

I had to do a bit more sculpting on this one because I had the 5-way switch and coil tap switch to make way for. On TS2, I just covered them all up B)

TS1end.JPG

Well, there ya go. Thanks for looking :D

Wow. Thanks for the nice comments! :D It took me probably 3 weeks or so to do the sculpting and another week or so for the paint job. Then it hung up in the owner's house for 2 years. This thing plays great. The neck is a little fat for my taste, but the action is good and the Duncans are sweet B)

Thanks again

Skot