Hello to all

Just wanted to intoduce myself and say HI! I am currently changing an RG570 to a JPM switching setup and putting a Flame Maple laminate on top (thanks Brian), and scalloping the last four frets. It's a newer model so my wife is ready to shoot me! I may require some support from yall. This site has been GREAT! Looking forward to making some changes in my gear. Thanks for the great info. Brad

Sweet Brad, thats what my next project is to convert a RG to a JPM90th. Might i ask how you are going to get the picaso design on the flamed maple? I have a pretty good idea about doing it, just seeing if your way may be easier. lol Brian feel free to give your input on this as well :D im sure your wondering "where those pics you promised of the material 540P radius" well the digital camrea i have is CRAP!! so im gonna have to do it the old fashiond way and take the pic and have it put on disk. But anyway back to the origin of the topic here lol Brad keep us updated on the project i'd like to see how it turns out oh....are you gonna follow the same color pattern on the JPM90th or go with a different color scheme?

First the plan is to put a deep stain in the grain so that the darker woods are going to stand out more (refer to 3D staining in the tutorial) then go with hunter green or a medium blue, and just let it tint the wood. My idea for the Picasso graffic is still in my head yet, but I'm thinking transparent plastic cut to shape and then laid over the stain. I am wondering if I stain it blue and use yellow plastic, will it make the Picasso's look green? B) It should shouldn't it? I'm still nervous as hell about putting on the laminate. :D Wish me luck! Brad

P.S. I'll post pics of the process asap. I just started stripping the body tonight! :D

Yuppers should be green although I havent got a clue how you'll get it to lay down and stay unless of course you use a thin coat of sanding sealer or paint to hold it on.

Don't sweat the veneer going on, just be sure to use plenty of glue and if by chance you end up with a spot that doesn't want to stay down grab a piece of aluminum foil and lay it over that spot. Grab the girlfriends, wife's or mothers iron and tack it back down using a medium setting and the foil to protect both the iron and the veneer.

Thats the beauty about heat and glue, you can use it to loosen dried glue so it will either adhere again or let go if you need to peel something off. :D