Logos.........an even better way!!!!!!!

BeAR

hahahaha

an ESP logo would be nice. although i am pretty sure they are painted on the headstock, although these methods could pass and possibly look just like the real thing. another thing you might want to implement is the rectangle ESP inlay @ the 12th fret, if you go ahead with it. <-- it would definitely pass as the real mccoy then. B)

if you want to make an ESP logo, download this: http://www.espguitars.net/oversea/customor...r/orderform.pdf

ok now get the ESP logo at the top of the sheet and work with it in a drawing or cad program. :D just thoughts and idea. and don't forget to add the gold shadows of the logo :D .

Page.

Anyone ever try the half-sheet decal paper kit thing from Testors? I bought one of the kits but haven't printed anything yet. Says it works with Inkjet printers. It's the waterslide decal style. The kit comes with 2 sheets - one clear background and one white background - and a can of spray adhesive.

I tried to find full-size sheets of the decal paper, but all I found was http://www.decalgear.com/DG/ and they only have the half sheets.

[edited]

HEY! I found THIS!

http://www.decalpaper.com/inkjet.html

You can get Inkjet AND Laser full-size waterslide paper :D

Newc

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Where did you get the decal sheets? Do Hobby stores sell them? Other than online? Does Office Max sell them?Those would be handy!! PS very nice decal. Keep it up.

Edited by Litchfield Custom Gutars

If there's not one yet, we need a toutorial for the water slide or rub on decals. It would be nice if you could pick up the water slide decals in an office supply store, or a hobby shop. Nothing against the internet, but sometimes I just want to have something a little more accessable.

The transparency logos were okay for the time, but the plastic is pretty thick and even when the lacquer is thick enough to cover it you can still see the edges in the right light.

If there's not one yet, we need a toutorial for the water slide or rub on decals. It would be nice if you could pick up the water slide decals in an office supply store, or a hobby shop. Nothing against the internet, but sometimes I just want to have something a little more accessable.

The transparency logos were okay for the time, but the plastic is pretty thick and even when the lacquer is thick enough to cover it you can still see the edges in the right light.

That's a good thing, though. It keeps people from getting away with selling Warmoth or Hondo phonies as the real thing. Despite the "honest intent" of many people to only use legitimate logo decals for restorations or their own personal beaters, there are literally thousands of people who would jump on the chance to duplicate official logos and try to pass off crap to the unsuspecting public - those who are NOT vintage enthusiasts and who do NOT have all the info required to tell a real '57 Strat from an '03 Warmoth kit.

Newc

• 1 month later...

hi TO EVERYONE.

i'vo bought and old fender telecaster relique fromm '72. but the decal was missing. i need your help plas!!!

i need a printable (jpg,gif,bmp) decal for my "new" fender telecaster. i wanted to do it by printing it troguh a laser printer and folloing the tutorial from brian, for making decals the easy way.

thanks

Dates are usually penciled into the neck pocket and on the base of the neck. Modern Fenders use the serial number for the date reference.

Ace - yes the tattoo paper will work fine, just make sure you print with a laser printer to stop the ink running when it hits the water.

Also, rhoads, I don't understand what you mean. How does the abalone inlay relate to the decals? I'm not sure if I've ever said this, but there is just something about that guitar you made that got GOtM, it has got to be one of my faves.

Thanks for the comments, i appreciate them.

About the abalone comment: I was basically saying, consider all the options, and dont be afraid to try something a little bit special (like an abalone logo).

hey rhoady

how did you do that man?