Black Limba

LimbaFull.jpg

This is the only good pic I haveof this so far. More comming soon. The back of the neck has a lot of nice coloring. The inlay is hard to see in this pic also - it has sterling silver dots and a sterling silver bar at the 12th. Soon to have 2 lil screamon demons and 1 lil 59 (for middle). It will have a Schaller floyd and the fretbrd is 12" radius. The neck is black limba also with carbon fiber rods.

Better pics comming. Thank you to Larry Davis again for the beautiful wood.

P.S. - the body isn't fully shaped yet around the neck pocket. I always leave that for later. It also has no contouring for the arm rest or waist area yet. Lot's left to do.

I likada Black Limba.

Not as dark as some i've seen...but still very cool.

Fingerboard is....ebony? indian rosewood?.......

Also is it all out of one big board or did you order a body and a neck?

I'm gonna assume the body is two pieces, although if it is, you did a great job gluing it up.

Yup, it's ebony. I need to play around with the camera. The flash seems to have hidden some of the features of the wood and completely left the sterling solver inlay in the dark.

The body is two pieces. The neck is a bolt-on using the hybrid method I posted a while back.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll post more pics soon.