new soldering iron in prototype stages

ansil

http://www.geocities.com/austenfantanio/minimig.htm

i posted this in electronics but for those of you who dont' go over there here it is in the tool secition as it is a tool

EDITED NOTE I HAVE TAKEN DOWN THE BASIC SCHEME AS I AM ALOMST DONE WITH THE BUGS AND AM GOING TO ATTEMPT A PATTEN WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED

Your making a soldering Iron?? Thats cool, i can hardly use one... and your making one  :D

yep i have used a gas one mulitple years now and love it and i also like doing stuff with a mini torch. so after getting back into weldign again i though why not apply a similar principle.

i mean there will be a period of adjustment. i can't do cmos chips like this for sure as it woudl fry them.. but you can do like ground connections to a pot in one little zap..

well this is after i get the finished version done.

right now the latest cap i have tried is going to be the beta two test cap it is a 2000vdc .0022uf cap from an old comptuer monitor. it charges really quick so you dont 'have to wait. as long and it is more powerful.. of coures i think i shall take ti down to .022 to make it build up a little slower and spare the life of the chargin circuit and the batterie.

the revised schematic i am almost done with and it includes the baterie inside the tube with the capacitor.

also note that you can use a nine volt too.

also on an edited note too let you konw i am using a mixture of film and electrolitic caps.. no ceramics. or tant's but i may be moving torwards a tant soon

Ansil,

Hello, Awesome idea first off. Second, are you looking for a backer or partner? I also have the means to patent the idea for you too.

I can have patent pending status on this idea in 6 to 8 weeks.

It will be a provisional patent for the first year. all that needs done is to apply for the Full patent before the 365th day of that first year.

But, if they approve the provisional patent you are 99.9% guaranteed to receive the full patent and protects you from people stealing the idea, as you begin to market and produce it.

Email me or pm if your interested.

thanks

yeah i love those i had one for years till it died.. but hey i used it so much that it wasn't even funny. i used it all the time on trips in the car, on a train at work..i even made a nifty little cooling case so i could put it in my pocket and go when i was doen.