Amp Projects Finished

Well, the title says nothing about 'instruments' ONLY! :D

Here are a few old Fender amps I restored several years ago, inside and out. They were all typical 'silverface' early '70's models w/ silver faceplates and silver/blue grilles.

I changed all that B)

OK w/o further ado, here are a few recover jobbers...

They all started out looking pretty much just like this, typical silverface cosmetics.

BTW, most were already dogged and beat up before I got them. That's the way I buy amps, 'abused for cheap', then I re-do 'em up, so I don't get labelled as a vintage amp hacker :D

Showman.jpg

First up, a '73 Deluxe Reverb. New snakeskin tolex, new black grillecloth, new repro blackface faceplate, casters added. I also added the old EV SRO speaker, one of my favorite speakers. This little combo kicks serious ass.

DR%20front.jpg

DR%20rear.jpg

Now a '76 Deluxe Reverb, modded to a 2-10 setup. Rough blonde w/ oxblood grille and repro blackface faceplate, casters added. 2 WeberVST P10NT speakers.

2-10%20SFDR.jpg

Here's a '65 Bassman, but highly modified. I bought it modified, it's a cascading pre-amp screamer done up now in Brownface cosmetics. Faceplate by Larry Rodgers. Rough blonde tolex, oxblood grille, creme barrel knobs.

Bassman-2.jpg

And here we have another blues bastard, a '73 Super Reverb housed in a Vibrolux Reverb cabinet. Usually a 2-10, I modified the cab to take a 1-12, 1-10 setup. Another EV SRO, hehehe. I got this amp for a freakin' steal, $325 cuz it was already hacked before I got it, I just made it much better.

Sherry Iguana tolex, gold-plated hardware, casters, Oxblood grillecloth, BF repro faceplate. Great amp.

SR%20front.jpg

SR%20rear.jpg

And my old '72 Twin Reverb. This one I was pretty proud of, it was my very first recover project I had ever done. It's Marshall White Levant tolex, BTW, w/ Fender gold sparkle grille, hardware also gold-plated. Heavy SOB.

Unfortunately, me and the twin didn't get along too well, no breakup at all, too loud and clean for my blues blood. Great for surf and country mebbe...but it sure came out nice. I sold the cabinet alone on e-Bay for $475.00, and parlayed the head for a sweet '71 Super Reverb which I still have and love (not the one above, another one)

Twin-2.jpg

Twin-1.jpg

Twin%20Done.jpg

Damn it drak, not only are you a far superioir luthier compared to me but you kick my ass when it comes to the electronics as well lol

those amps are sweeet

lifes not fair :D

where did you get the materials, snake skin and the others at, i'm going truck out my create and i wanna get some stuff like that, does it come cheap, is it expansive, easy to work with. oh by the, i want to hug you for make those look so kick ass. good job keep it up.

Well they are some of the prettyest things I have seen today! congrats to you man!