PRS Refinish nearly Finished

Ok this guitar went through a whole load of nasty things (including a different paintjob and a piece of the guitar actually chipping off).

I finally got it ready and put a coat of lacquer on it earlier today.

First, how it looked originally...

b41.jpgb42.jpg

Then, how it looks as of now...Just one coat of lacquer, no sanding or buffing yet.

santana1.jpgsantana2.jpg

All comments welcome, including negative ones...

its a korean PRS, a santana SE

:D Note the no carved top. I plan on doing some touch up on the finish a little. I agree with the whole too much white thing.

I will probably just scrap the whole thing however, the "marble" finish was actually just an accident, but i thought i'd try it to see what kinda response it got...

BLS....PRS has only 1 model thats a bolt on. The rest are s/n. The bolt on is the CE series, 22 and 24.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Well, I actaully kinda like it. I can see the work that went into it, and maybe that's why I like it.. I wouldnt buy aguitar with that finish...If you scrap the project, I'd veneer or drop top the thing. would look killer that way.

its a korean PRS, a santana SE

B) Note the no carved top. I plan on doing some touch up on the finish a little. I agree with the whole too much white thing.

I will probably just scrap the whole thing however, the "marble" finish was actually just an accident, but i thought i'd try it to see what kinda response it got...

BLS....PRS has only 1 model thats a bolt on. The rest are s/n. The bolt on is the CE series, 22 and 24.

Really i thought all PRS' had the bolt in necks. :D I really think that deserves some flamed or quilted maple :D

Actually, for those of you who said i should veneer it, I was already planning on doing this. Kirk found a pile of about 5A flame veneers in his basement...The longer the guitar sits, the uglier i feel its presence....

i should have that ready for a reshow by wednesday..

It's cool, I would be pleased if it were mine...I don't like that big, ugly heel though :D

You are very brave.

I can certainly see the marble effect in one of the pics and I like it. It got me thinking - swirls look a bit like marble.

Swirled PRS? That ought to kick up a storm! :D

"Swirling" is based on centuries-old techniques for making what's called "marbled" paper.

http://www.suminagashi.com/history.html

A swirled PRS would be cool as long as it were a transparent swirl.