PRS Refinish nearly Finished

MKG, MKG... B)

I'll say this: with my designs and finishes, I live 'on the edge' ALL the time. For every guitar you see me post that people say nice things about, they never saw the 1/2 dozen first attempts, the 1/2 dozen ugly-as-ass attempts until I got it RIGHT. B)

And they never saw the Wall Of Death Victim List (which is long and tortured)

Bottom line?

1-Don't ever stop pressing the envelope of what you can do, try any wild-ass idea you have, they're all worth trying out.

2-Don't expect every attempt to be a winner, winning isn't quite that easy.

3-Don't stop at the first attempt and give up on it 'cuz it didn't bowl you over. Keep at it, learn from the first one and improve the second one. Learn from the second and make the third better. Somewhere between the 3rd and 8th attempt you should arrive at where your mind had envisioned it to begin with.

If you don't get it by the 8th attempt, you just plain suck at it B):D:DB)

If you try once and move on to something else and just keep doing that, you won't get too far, and you will stay frustrated, because every time you try something new, there will be a host of new operations to go with it.

Like veneering. If you've never veneered, I would expect you'll need about 5 shots at it before you get it RIGHT. And veneering is a completely different process than what you just did. Right now, your mind is still fresh with what you just did.

So, I like what I see there, I can see where it could look very cool if you KEPT AT IT and didn't just blow it off with your first attempt.

If you honestly just don't like the look, that's one thing, but if you're just giving up after 1 attempt, then the road that faces you is a long one.

You know how in English class how they teach you to do the first draft, then re-writes, then more re-writes until it's damn near perfect with no mistakes?

There's a REASON for that B):D:DB)

First drafts suck as a rule. B)

:D Keep building! :D

Long quote from Drak.....

Yeah I believe this looks about like the 2nd attempt. I have some nice veneer I'd like to try, and as this guitar is not mine (AHHH!) I do want it to be very nice when I return it.....

Also, haha, in English class I always turn in the first draft, and its always perfect....

I suppose I'm not quite as good at guitars as I am at doing my native language....

ive been looking everywhere for some PRS project parts!! ARGHHH CANT FIND ANY

Where have you been looking? PRS sells a lot of their stuff right out of production. The guitar that I've got here came with chrome no name tuners, the Korean trem, etc. The guy that owns it bought the PRS locking tuners ($120) and you can buy any pickup that PRS makes right off their website....

The Korean trem is not that much different than the american (I was comparing the two last night and did not really notice very many differences....)