First Project

Hi everyone,

First of all...i'm loving your collective work...been getting some great design tips from the forum.

So, here is my finished design, sort of a 3-way lovechild between a jaguar / strat and les paul! I'm planning to buy the neck (not brave enough to attempt that yet). Now just saving for the bits!! Any feedback would be great,

Also, anybody have any experience with Kent Armstrong Humbuckers? Looking for one suitable for the neck with 4-conductor wiring, PAF style.

Pic

Thanks guys,

I'm an engineer at university, so the CAD bit comes easy (plus i get the software free!) Also, modelling guitars is WAY more fun than the stuff they get us to do!

Am waiting until i get a chance to go down to my grandad's workshop so i can build it properly, with the right tools, unfortunately, won't have any time 'til after graduation...i don't think i can wait that long!

Weird! I'm a techie at a university too!

Regarding Kent Armstrong pickups, and in fact the basics of your design (not so much the shape) it aint so far away from the one I just finished...

My pickups sound absolutely fantastic, I've got the HROA (I think) in the bridge, which is meant to sound almost identical to the Seymour Duncan JB humbucker and I have a HPAO+ in the neck. The through body construction and these pickups is a winning combination.

Lovely design by the way, swervy!

:D