My Tele so far

Well I made 1 in shop class in grade 9 not knowing anything it actually worked fine until i left it leaning against a wall with no strings on when i went away for 1 month ... u fill in the rest. :D

and about the finish... my sisters BF works in a car shop and knows a guy who dose custom finishes for Benz and other cars and the guy offered to do one for me so I’m thinking of staining my self and get him to add a burst or graphics to it as well as clear coats. Im thinking of staining it red like the old Gibson sg's.

The wood is Honduran mahogany and i just bought a noiseless tele neck ( I really like em lol)

I agree that the headstock is great, and I agree that you should go for a clear finish. :D

It's tempting to go for 'flash' when you have the opportunity, but I think you'll love the natural finish in the long run.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Love the tele. I have a fetish for em...yet cant seem to build one.

As for the piano, its nice. Here's some advice: When taking pics of your guitars, make sure there is nothing distracting in the pice. My cat was in one and everone liked him more than the guitar :D

Seriously, great tele.

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Any place like Ace, Lowes, Home Fepot, ect will have pore filler. Get clear. For some reason the keep it with the paint and stain. I personally say get the real deal from stewmac.

You can also use shellac as a pore filler, although it will take a few coats to build it, but you get that cool orange tint of shellac, which looks good on Mahogony, and shellac binds to pretty much anything you put on top of it. :D

Shellac has a shelf-life, try to get a fresh can. I always buy the flakes and mix it myself, but that's not always necessary, and is a pain to do.

Here's some advice: When taking pics of your guitars, make sure there is nothing distracting in the pice. My cat was in one and everone liked him more than the guitar :D

I think that applies to just about anything else that's in the pic; it seems to be part of the culture. You watch; shoot your next guitar photo with a Big Mac, toothbrush, anything else in the frame and watch the fun begin.

I'm getting great results on a piece of scrap alder with Tru-oil. It's VERY easy to apply and I'm pleased with how much it builds up and shines. It cures to a pretty durable finish. It's a clear finish that darkens the wood just a bit and really highlights the grain well. I picked up a bottle at a gun shop since it's a common gunstock finish.