My Tele so far

Nice tele, looks a lot like what I am planning on starting soon....and that brings me to the question....what bridge is that, I think it would work great on my project. Again, very nice work...oh and I would definatly go with a light stain, that wood is too nice to cover up.

George

Wow, great looking guitar, and thanks for the "ink" Drak! Here's my advice for finishing: Use a dark grain filler. Clear fillers often come out as white specks in the finish...where a dark filler will highlight the grain.

filler.jpg

I've been experimenting with waterbased grain filler on a dresser I'm building with good results...Wunderfil http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page=2003

But for all the finishes I've done on guitars, I've used Bartley's grain filler.

You may want to leave it at that, or you may want to try a fade like I did with the back of my last guitar (mahogany). Either way I think you'll be happy - great looking guitar!

Back.jpg