Weird looking Bridge!

canuckguitarist

i only have 3 concerns,

A ) it looks like from what i can see of the counter sinks that guy has the base plate mounted on backwards, no biggie though...

B ) there's only 4 screws holding it to the guitar, when it looks to be fairly heavy, and the screws aren't really that big

C ) the cost.. and the lack of an estimated shipping cost or even mention of shipping weight...

seems like a good idea, i might give it a show if it wasn't close to 250$CAN by the time it got in my hands

what kinda design are you working on rhoads? the baseplate kinda in my mind works against the point of the design, for true single string vibration, shouldn't each saddle (unit) be individualy screwed to the guitar, with no metal linking them? keep the mass of the saddles, just ditch the plate, and just have a plastic plate covering the hole on the back

• 2 weeks later...

The 2Tek works better for basses. They give a bass a nice tonal separation between the strings and let the bass notes ring much like a piano. There are new bridges that do the same for less money. I don't believe the designer ever thought much of the bridge on a guitar. I happened to work for the designer Lynn Ellsworth, who btw is now working for Floyd Rose. He also designed the speedster amplifier.Speedster Amp

I happened to work for the designer Lynn Ellsworth, who btw is now working for Floyd Rose.

...and is the luthier that EVH got his famous 5150 guitar from- A 1975 Lynn Ellsworth Ash Body.

That bridge is VERY scary lookin'.

Oh, and the Tremol-No will *NOT* work on that one.

:D